- Heidi Grant Murphy (Soprano)
- Peter Mattei (Baritone)
- Christiane Oelze (Soprano)
- Lorenzo Regazzo (Bass)
- Christine Schäfer (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
"Update is the imperfect noun we use. Christoph Marthaler's production has transposed 18th-century upstairs downstairs to bridal retail in 2001. We get Mozart's music and Da Ponte's words, subject to Mr. Marthaler's cheerful interventions and interpolations, but everyone onstage dresses like you and me. Christine Schafer's Cherubino is the most successful transplant. With her T-shirt, hip-hop jeans, mop wig and chewing gum, Ms. Schafer sings sweetly and argues well for the lovesick page as ghastly 21st-century teenager. Lorenzo Regazzo is a natural born Figaro..." -New York TimesNotes & Reviews:
Run Time: 260 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9 anamorphic, Color
Sound Format(s): LPCM Stereo, DTS 5.1 Surround
Country of Origin: France
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Le nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), opera, K. 492
- Performers: Heidi Grant Murphy (Soprano); Peter Mattei (Baritone); Christiane Oelze (Soprano); Christine Schäfer (Soprano); Lorenzo Regazzo (Bass)
- Conductor: Sylvain Cambreling
- Ensemble: Paris National Opera Orchestra
- Running Time: 261 min. sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1786
- Language: Italian