- Vladimir Vaneev (Bass)
- Elena Zaremba (Mezzo Soprano)
- Robert Brubaker (Tenor)
- Vladimir Galouzine (Tenor)
- Vladimir Ognovenko (Baritone)
- Nikolai Putilin (Bass)
Notes & Reviews:
Mussorgsky's loveless and brutal drama of the transformation of Russian society, which led to the rule of Peter the Great within the epic history of Russia, is powerfully modernized through Stein Winge's dramatic and uncompromising production. Performing the version completed by Shostakovich, the outstanding Russian-dominated cast and the orchestra and chorus of the Liceu are led by Michael Boder. Recorded using High Definition cameras and in true surround sound.Notes & Reviews:
Run Time: 192 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, Color
Country of Origin: USA
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMussorgsky, Modest : Khovanshchina
- Performers: Robert Brubaker (Tenor); Vladimir Galouzine (Tenor); Vladimir Ognovenko (Baritone); Nikolai Putilin (Bass); Vladimir Vaneev (Bass); Elena Zaremba (Mezzo Soprano)
- Conductor: Michael Boder
- Ensemble: Gran Teatre del Liceu Symphony Orchestra
- Running Time: 350 min. sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1872-1880
- Studio/Live: Live