- Vesselina Kasarova (Soprano)
- Katerina Hebelkova (Soprano)
- Peter Feuchtwanger (Piano)
- Christiane Libor (Soprano)
- Roland Pöntinen (Piano)
Notes & Reviews:
For Chopin opera was the highest form of art- even though he never entertained the thought of writing for the stage himself. At the castle of Chopin's beloved George Sand, in Nohant in France, three singers, a pianist and an actress meet with the most knowledgeable contemporary experts on bel canto and Chopin. They delve into Chopin's opera experiences, his admiration for the great bel canto singer Giuditta Pasta, his friendship with Bellini and his relationship with Pauline Viardot, who, as a pianist and composer, arranged Chopin's Mazurkas for voice and piano.Notes & Reviews:
Run Time: 102 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): LPCM Stereo,
Subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsFrédéric Chopin (1810-1849) : Work(s)
- Performers: Roland Pöntinen (Piano); Christiane Libor (Soprano); Vesselina Kasarova (Soprano); Katerina Hebelkova (Soprano); Peter Feuchtwanger (Piano)
- Period Time: Romantic