- Amelie Aldenheim (Voice)
- Patricia Bardon (Mezzo Soprano)
- Birgitte Christensen (Soprano)
- Ina Kringlebotn (Soprano)
- Jacek Laszczkowski (Tenor)
- Tone Kruse (Alto)
- Marita Sølberg (Soprano)
- Tim Mead (Countertenor)
Notes & Reviews:
Poppea like you've never seen it before!
This is the debut of the critically acclaimed stage director Ole Anders Tandberg with the Norwegian Opera & Ballet, and he lets blood flow. TV directors Anja Stabell and Stein-Roger Bull reinforce the impact by fixing the bright red color of fresh blood, a lot of it, against black and white.
At the center of events is the power-crazed Poppea. She aspires to the top level of the hierarchy and seduces Emperor Nero. He is totally captivated by Poppea and does everything possible to marry her, even if it leads to murder.
A classic drama unfolds, where the struggle for power and riches paints an unattractive portrait of humankind. In this respect not much has changed since the opera was written 365 years ago.
The performance portrays the decadence of the late Roman Empire - with obvious parallels to our own times. But it all comes together towards the end in one of the loveliest duets ever composed: "Pur Ti Miro".
This is truly a must-see production. It is stunning on DVD, and simply mind-blowing on Blu-ray Disc.
Run Time: 180 min.
Picture Format: Blu-Ray, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): LPCM Stereo,
Subtitles: Italian, English, German, French, Japanese, Norwegian
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMonteverdi, Claudio : L'Incoronazione di Poppea
- Performers: Amelie Aldenheim (Voice); Patricia Bardon (Mezzo Soprano); Birgitte Christensen (Soprano); Ina Kringlebotn (Soprano); Jacek Laszczkowski (Tenor); Tone Kruse (Alto); Marita Sølberg (Soprano); Tim Mead (Countertenor)
- Conductor: Alessandro De Marchi
- Ensemble: Norwegian National Opera Orchestra
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1642