- Barbara Vogel (Voice)
- Gudrun Siber (Voice)
- Alexandra Papadjiakou (Voice)
- Karl-Ernst Mercker (Tenor)
- Kevin McCutcheon (Harpsichord)
- Catherine Gayer (Soprano)
- Sophie Boulin (Soprano)
- Walton Grönroos (Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
WORLD PREMIERE RECORDING ON DVD! Montezuma tells the tragic story of the last ruler of the Aztecs, who lost his power and ultimately his life to the Spanish conquistadores. The libretto, in French prose, was written by none other than the Emperor of Prussia himself - Frederick II - and translated into Italian verse by his court poet. The music is as virtuosic as it is expressive - highly rewarding for singers and attractive for audiences.Notes & Reviews:
Run Time: 140 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 4:3, Color
Sound Format(s): PCM Mono,
Subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
George Theodorakis: The Rules of the Game: Original Studio Recordings (1978-1996) [Digipak]
Dobrzynski and Lessel: Piano Concertos / Howard Shelley, piano
Tchaikovsky: The Voyevoda, opera in 3 acts / Kozhukhar
Edouard Franck: Orchestral Works - Overtures; Violin Concerto / Christiane Edinger, violiin
L'Olympiade: The Opera - A pastiche with music by Caldara, Cherubini, Cimarosa, Galuppi, Hasse, Leo, Pergolesi et al.
Romantic Piano Concerto Vol. 57 - Alolf Wiklund: Piano Concertos Nos. 1 & 2; Konsertstycke, Op. 1 / Martin Sturfalt
Simon Mayr: Samuele, oratorio / Brown, Bernhard, Trost, Hamann - Hauk
Eugene d'Albert: Die Abreise (The Departure), opera / Lotte Schadle, Ersin Wohlfarth, Willy Ferenz - Koetsier
Gal Costa/Antonio Carlos Jobim: Rio Revisited
Works DetailsGraun, Carl Heinrich : Montezuma
- Performers: Barbara Vogel (Voice); Gudrun Siber (Voice); Alexandra Papadjiakou (Voice); Karl-Ernst Mercker (Tenor); Kevin McCutcheon (Harpsichord); Walton Grönroos (Baritone); Catherine Gayer (Soprano); Sophie Boulin (Soprano)
- Conductor: Hans Hilsdorf
- Ensemble: Deutsche Oper Berlin Orchestra
- Running Time: 140 min. sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1755
- Studio/Live: Live