Notes & Reviews:
- A storied 1977 Glyndebourne Festival performance of Igor Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress
- The legendary Bernard Haitink conducts the London Philharmonic, the Glyndebourne Chorus and a stellar array of singers, including Felicity Lott, the late American tenor Leo Goeke and Richard van Allan, Samuel Ramey, and Rosalind Elias.
- Stage Director David Cox's production was hailed as a 'virtuoso piece of production and design'.
- Famed British artist David Hockney served as the Stage Designer.
Run Time: 146 min.
Picture Format: DVD 9, NTSC, 4;3, Color
Sound Format(s): PCM Stereo,
Subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
British Clarinet Quintets: Works by Sir Arthur Somervell, Samuel Coleridge-Taylor & Richard Walthew / Stephan Siegenthaler, clarinet; Leipzig SQ
Chamber Music for Horn, Violin & Piano / Bruce Bonnell, horn; Hai-Xin Wu, violin; Zhihua Tang, piano
Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival Live 2014: Works of Brahms & Howard Shore / Marya Martin, director
String Orchestra Gems - Suk: Serenade, Op. 6; Meditatioin on 'St. Wenceslas'; Tchaikovsky: Elegie in G major; Serenade in C / Dvorak CO, Kypros Markou
Return to Old Ireland: Choral Music of Mary McAuliffe (b.1947) / Donald George, tenor; Lucy Mauro, piano; Lee Blair, narrator; Mikylah Myers McTeer, violin
Brainiac 5: Exploding Universe
Joseph Haydn: Piano Trios, Vol. 5 - Trios Hoboken XV: 12, 15, 17, 19 & 22 / Mendelssohn Piano Trio
Glass Houses - Music for Marimba by Ann Southam (1937-2010) / Greg Harrison & Jonny Smith, marimbas
L'ecole Fula Flute/Sylvain Leroux: Les Enfants de Tyabala [Digipak]
Works DetailsStravinsky, Igor : Rake's Progress
- Performers: Rosalind Elias; John Fryatt; Leo Goeke; Felicity Lott; Samuel Ramey; Richard Van Allan; Nuala Willis
- Conductor: Bernard Haitink
- Ensemble: Glyndebourne Chorus
- Running Time: 146 min. sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1948-1951
- Studio/Live: Live