Notes & Reviews:
- A winningly imaginative filmic interpretation of Benjamin Britten's ever-popular opera, the most successful opera of post-war Britain.
- The Alderbergh Festival played host to this production, with Steuart Bedford conducting the Britten-Pears Orchestra and Alan Oke, Giselle Allen and David Kempster starring as Peter, Ellen and Capt. Balstrode respectively.
- The performances were universally hailed by Britain's major news media outlets, including The Guardian and The Times.
Run Time: 161 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): PCM Stereo, DD 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
Country of Origin: England
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Gilbert & Sullivan: H.M.S. Pinafore / Ohio Light Opera
Joseph Haydn: Piano Trios, Vol. 5 - Trios Hoboken XV: 12, 15, 17, 19 & 22 / Mendelssohn Piano Trio
Chamber Music for Horn, Violin & Piano / Bruce Bonnell, horn; Hai-Xin Wu, violin; Zhihua Tang, piano
Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival Live 2014: Works of Brahms & Howard Shore / Marya Martin, director
Beethoven: Sonata Op. 2/1 & Op. 111; Berg: Sonata Op. 1; Berio: Wasserklavier / Frank Dupree, piano
Return to Old Ireland: Choral Music of Mary McAuliffe (b.1947) / Donald George, tenor; Lucy Mauro, piano; Lee Blair, narrator; Mikylah Myers McTeer, violin
Qalandar The Ascetic Prince / Renaud-Gabriel Pion, piano; clarinets; Gulay Hacer Toruk, voice; Vincent Segal, cello
Phil Dadson: Sound Tracks: Solo Improvisation
Liam Bailey (U.K.): Definitely Now
Works DetailsBritten, Benjamin : Peter Grimes
- Performers: Giselle Allen; Charmian Bedford; Alexandra Hutton; Gaynor Keeble; David Kempster; Alan Oke
- Conductor: Steuart Bedford
- Ensemble: Britten-Pears Orchestra
- Running Time: 141 min. sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Written: 1944
- Studio/Live: Live