Notes & Reviews:
- A concert led by John Eliot Gardiner ringing in the 2013 new year.
- Highlights include works of Tchaikovsky, Rossini and a dozen Giuseppe Verdi arias, overtures and preludes, befitting the bicentennial celebrations that marked Verdi's birth in 1813.
- Singing the Verdi arias are Italian soprano Desirée Rancatore and Albanian tenor Saimir Pirgu.
Run Time: 100 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): PCM Stereo, DD 5.1
Country of Origin: Germany
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
The Big Bassoon - Muradian, Palider, etc / Nigro, Lindeblad
Beethoven: Sonata Op. 2/1 & Op. 111; Berg: Sonata Op. 1; Berio: Wasserklavier / Frank Dupree, piano
Ingrid Laubrock's Anti-House: Roulette of the Cradle
Ziv Ravitz/Christoph Irniger/Raffaele Bossard/Christoph Irniger Trio: Octopus
Mohammed Fairouz (b.1985): In the Shadow of No Towers; Glass: Concerto Fantasy for 2 Timpanists & Orchestra (transcribed for wind ens.)
Glass, Rutter, Francaix: Harpsichord Concertos / Christopher Lewis, harpsichord
Yuri Temirkanov at the BBC Proms: Berlioz & Tchaikovsky [DVD]
Works DetailsTchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Symphony no 2 in C minor, Op. 17 "Little Russian"
- Performers: Saimir PIrgu; Désirée Rancatore
- Conductor: John Gardiner
- Ensemble: Chorus of the Teatro La Fenice
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1872/1880
- Studio/Live: Live