Notes & Reviews:
- Daniel Berenboim conducts the Teatro alla Scala Orchestra in the third installment of Wagner's Nibelungen tetrology.
- Soprano Nina Stemme, nearly unrivaled among contemporary Brünnhilde's, and Canadian heldentenor Lance Ryan, much lauded for his many Siegfried performances in but a few short years, star in this production.
- Guy Cassiers' staging has been called 'a visually compelling production'- The Opera Critic
Run Time: 253 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): PCM Stereo,
Subtitles: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
Country of Origin: Italy
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Daniel Fortin: Brinks
Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival Live 2014: Works of Brahms & Howard Shore / Marya Martin, director
Chamber Music for Horn, Violin & Piano / Bruce Bonnell, horn; Hai-Xin Wu, violin; Zhihua Tang, piano
Joseph Haydn: Piano Trios, Vol. 5 - Trios Hoboken XV: 12, 15, 17, 19 & 22 / Mendelssohn Piano Trio
Return to Old Ireland: Choral Music of Mary McAuliffe (b.1947) / Donald George, tenor; Lucy Mauro, piano; Lee Blair, narrator; Mikylah Myers McTeer, violin
Qalandar The Ascetic Prince / Renaud-Gabriel Pion, piano; clarinets; Gulay Hacer Toruk, voice; Vincent Segal, cello
Liam Bailey (U.K.): Definitely Now
Johnny Williams & His Orchestra/Johnny Williams (Jazz): Rhythm in Motion/So Nice
Machito/Machito & His Afro-Cubans: Kenya & With Flute to Boot
Works DetailsWagner, Richard : Siegfried
- Performers: Peter Bronder; Johannes Kränzle; Anna Larsson; Lance Ryan; Terje Stensvold; Alexander Tsymbalyuk
- Conductor: Daniel Barenboim
- Ensemble: Teatro alla Scala Orchestra
- Running Time: 253 min. sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1856-1871
- Studio/Live: Live