Notes & Reviews:
- Early English Baroque-era composer/organist, whose only surviving stage work (and possible influence on Henry Purcell's Dido and Aeneas), Venus and Adonis, is featured herein.
- Conductor/harpsichordist Bernard Cuiller's past Alpha projects have met with much critical success (Alpha 86/139/165).
- First time on DVD! Includes subtitles in English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese.
Run Time: 86 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): PCM Stereo,
Subtitles: German, English, Spanish
Country of Origin: France
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
British Clarinet Quintets: Works by Sir Arthur Somervell, Samuel Coleridge-Taylor & Richard Walthew / Stephan Siegenthaler, clarinet; Leipzig SQ
Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival Live 2014: Works of Brahms & Howard Shore / Marya Martin, director
Chamber Music for Horn, Violin & Piano / Bruce Bonnell, horn; Hai-Xin Wu, violin; Zhihua Tang, piano
String Orchestra Gems - Suk: Serenade, Op. 6; Meditatioin on 'St. Wenceslas'; Tchaikovsky: Elegie in G major; Serenade in C / Dvorak CO, Kypros Markou
Glass Houses - Music for Marimba by Ann Southam (1937-2010) / Greg Harrison & Jonny Smith, marimbas
Machito/Machito & His Afro-Cubans: Kenya & With Flute to Boot
Johnny Williams & His Orchestra/Johnny Williams (Jazz): Rhythm in Motion/So Nice
Liam Bailey (U.K.): Definitely Now
Return to Old Ireland: Choral Music of Mary McAuliffe (b.1947) / Donald George, tenor; Lucy Mauro, piano; Lee Blair, narrator; Mikylah Myers McTeer, violin
Works DetailsBlow, John : Venus and Adonis
- Performers: Gregoire Augustin; Marc Mauillon; Celine Scheen
- Conductor: Bertrand Cuiller
- Ensemble: Les Musiciens du Paradis & La Maitrise de Caen
- Period Time: Baroque
- Written: 1681
- Studio/Live: Live