Notes & Reviews:
- George Benjamin conducts the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House
- Directed for the stage by Katie Mitchell
- Following its successful 2012 premiere, the opera's arrival at Covent Garden in 2013 was eagerly anticipated.
- 'George Benjamin's second opera based on going Provence legend is sensual, evocative gloriously singable' (The Financial Times)
- 'Magic and irresistible ...the best opera written over the last twenty years.' (Le Monde)
- Subtitles in English, French, German, Japanese and Korean
Run Time: 98 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): PCM Stereo,
Country of Origin: England
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBenjamin, George : Written on Skin, opera
- Performers: Barbara Hannigan; Christopher Purves; Allan Clayton; Bejun Mehta; Victoria Simmonds
- Conductor: George Benjamin
- Ensemble: Royal Opera House Orchestra
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 2012
- Studio/Live: Live