- John Birch (Organ)
- Philip Langridge
- Robert Lloyd (Bass)
- Felicity Lott
- Raymond Simmons (Trumpet)
- Vivian Troon (Harpsichord)
Notes & Reviews:
A stellar line up of soloists, conductor, choir and orchestra combine forces in this re-mastered 2 CD set of Mozart's arrangement of Handel's much loved 'Messiah.' In April 1742, shortly after the first performance of Messiah in Dublin for the city's charitable Musical Society, the Dublin Journal reported that the oratorio "was allowed by the greatest of Judges to be the finest Composition of Music that was ever heard." Sir Charles Mackerras continues the constantly evolving performance history of one of the world's most enduring masterpieces.
2 CD set.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHandel, George Frideric : Messiah, HWV 56, Oratorio
- Performers: John Birch (Organ); Philip Langridge; Robert Lloyd (Bass); Felicity Lott; Raymond Simmons (Trumpet); Vivian Troon (Harpsichord)
- Conductor: Charles Mackerras
- Ensemble: Huddersfield Choral Society
- Notes: Henry Wood Hall, London, England (01/01/1998-01/05/1998)
- Running Time: 117 min. 15 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio
- Written: 1741