1 800 222 6872

SWR Music Highlights

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
>Ravel, Maurice : Trois chansons, for chorus (or voice & piano)
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Sonata for violin & piano no 6 in E minor, Op. 122
>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 4 in C minor, D 417 "Tragic"
>Weill, Kurt : Quodlibet for orchestra (arranged from "Zaubernacht"), Op. 9
>Weinberg, Jacob : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C Major
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Kagel, Mauricio : Rrrrrrr..., radio fantasy for various voices & instruments (41 pieces)
>Debussy, Claude : La mer
>Koechlin, Charles : Le Docteur Fabricius, symphonic poem after Charles Dollfus, Op. 202
>Gershwin, George : Strike up the Band
>Mahler, Gustav : Symphony no 5 in C sharp minor
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
  • Performers: Murray Dickie (Tenor); Maria Stader (Soprano); Otto Wiener (Bass)
  • Conductor: Carl Schuricht
  • Ensemble: Stuttgarter Lehrergesangverein
  • Running Time: 8 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1807

>Ravel, Maurice : Trois chansons, for chorus (or voice & piano)
  • Conductor: Rupert Huber
  • Running Time: 5 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1914-1915

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Sonata for violin & piano no 6 in E minor, Op. 122 :: 2. Vivace
  • Performers: Nachum Erlich (Violin); Siegfried Mauser (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1911

>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 4 in C minor, D 417 "Tragic" :: 1. Adagio molto - Allegro vivace
  • Conductor: Hans Zender
  • Notes: Composition written: 1816.
  • Running Time: 9 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1816

>Weill, Kurt : Quodlibet for orchestra (arranged from "Zaubernacht"), Op. 9 :: 4. Molto agitato
  • Performer: Anja Silja (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Grzegorz Nowak
  • Running Time: 6 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 04/1923

>Weinberg, Jacob : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C Major
  • Performers: Wolfgang Meyer (Clarinet); Jascha Nemtsov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1944

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92 :: Allegro con brio
  • Conductor: Roger Norrington
  • Running Time: 8 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Kagel, Mauricio : Rrrrrrr..., radio fantasy for various voices & instruments (41 pieces)
  • Conductor: Mauricio Kagel
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1980-1981

>Debussy, Claude : La mer :: Dialogue du vent et de la mer
  • Conductor: Sylvain Cambreling
  • Running Time: 8 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1903-1905

>Koechlin, Charles : Le Docteur Fabricius, symphonic poem after Charles Dollfus, Op. 202 :: Choral Final
  • Conductor: Heinz Holliger
  • Running Time: 5 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1941-1944

>Gershwin, George : Strike up the Band
  • Conductor: Sammy Nestico
  • Ensemble: The SWR Big Band
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1927

>Mahler, Gustav : Symphony no 5 in C sharp minor :: 4. Adagietto. Sehr langsam
  • Conductor: Michael Gielen
  • Running Time: 8 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1901-1902