Medici Harpsichord Book / Aapo Hakkinen

Album Summary

>Rossi, Luigi : Passacaille del Seignour Louigi, for harpsichord (from the Bauyn Manuscript)
>Macque, Giovanni de : Gagliarda prima, for harpsichord
>Macque, Giovanni de : Gagliarda seconda, for harpsichord
>Macque, Giovanni de : Ricercare on three subjects and their inversions, for keyboard
>Lambardi, Francesco : Toccata, for keyboard
>Med, Prince Ferdinando de' : The Medici Harpsichord Book, for harpsichord
>Martini, Giovanni Battist : Sonata for keyboard no 3 (Sonata d'intavolatura per l'organo e il cembalo)
>Nebra, Manuel Blasco de : Pastorela no 4 in B minor (MS.2998 del Archivo de Musica)
>Soler, Antonio : Fandango for Keyboard
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The Library of the Florence Conservatory of Music contains a little manuscript book of harpsichord music which until now has remained almost entirely overlooked. Inside are fifteen pieces all grouped into suites, all written in a highly original manner. They are filled with richly sonorous chords, luxurious figurations and, at times, spicy dissonances. Among them are several preludes and toccatas which seem like spontaneous improvisations caught on paper, two lengthy and grand passacaglias, and a number of tuneful dance pieces, all called 'Aria alla francese.'



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Rossi, Luigi : Passacaille del Seignour Louigi, for harpsichord (from the Bauyn Manuscript)
  • Performer: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Macque, Giovanni de : Gagliarda prima, for harpsichord
  • Performer: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Macque, Giovanni de : Gagliarda seconda, for harpsichord
  • Performer: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Macque, Giovanni de : Ricercare on three subjects and their inversions, for keyboard
  • Performer: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Lambardi, Francesco : Toccata, for keyboard
  • Performer: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Med, Prince Ferdinando de' : The Medici Harpsichord Book, for harpsichord
  • Performer: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 26 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Martini, Giovanni Battist : Sonata for keyboard no 3 (Sonata d'intavolatura per l'organo e il cembalo)
  • Performer: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Nebra, Manuel Blasco de : Pastorela no 4 in B minor (MS.2998 del Archivo de Musica)
  • Performer: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Soler, Antonio : Fandango for Keyboard
  • Performer: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: circa 1770