1 800 222 6872

Dolci miei sospiri - Dowland, D'India, et al / Hirsch, et al

Album Summary

>Monteverdi, Claudio : Dolci miei sospiri, madrigal for 3 voices (from Scherzi musicali á 3 voci), SV 242
>Monteverdi, Claudio : Scherzi musicali, volume 1
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Arie musicali Bk.1 no 10, Entro nave dorata, aria for solo voice
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Arie musicali Bk.2 no 10, O mio cor, in 2 sections for solo voice
>Monteverdi, Claudio : Selva morale e spirituale, mass & motets, SV 252-288
>Dowland, John [Composer] : In darkness let me dwell, for voice, lute & bass viol (A Musicall Banquet)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Come again, sweet love doth now invite, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : If my complaints could passions move, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Go crystal tears, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>d'India, Sigismondo : Apertamente dice la gente (from "Le Musiche... da cantar solo nel Clavicordo...et altri istromenti s
>d'India, Sigismondo : Le musiche, book 1
>d'India, Sigismondo : Donna io vorrei dir molto (from "Le Musiche... da cantar solo nel Clavicordo...et altri istromenti s
>Caccini, Giulio : Dite o del foco mio, for voice & continuo (from "Nuove musiche e nuova maniera di scriverle")
>Caccini, Giulio : Amarilli Mia Bella
>Jones, Robert (II) : Ite caldi sospiri (from "A Musical Dreame")
>Handel, George Frideric : Mi palpita il cor, cantata, HWV 132
>Carissimi, Giacomo : Apritevi inferni
Performers Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Although their concentration was on ancient theatre musical recitation, the Florentine intellectuals and musicians from the end of the 16th and the beginning of the 17th centuries focused mainly on the spoken song. Their compositions shaped the occidental music history: the so-called arias from composers like Jacopo Peri, Guilio Caccini or Claudio Monteverdi soon became popular throughout Europe.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Monteverdi, Claudio : Dolci miei sospiri, madrigal for 3 voices (from Scherzi musicali á 3 voci), SV 242
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 3 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1607

>Monteverdi, Claudio : Scherzi musicali, volume 1
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 1 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1607

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Arie musicali Bk.1 no 10, Entro nave dorata, aria for solo voice
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Arie musicali Bk.2 no 10, O mio cor, in 2 sections for solo voice
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 7 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Monteverdi, Claudio : Scherzi musicali, volume 1
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1607

>Monteverdi, Claudio : Selva morale e spirituale, mass & motets, SV 252-288 :: Confitebor tibi Domine, Psalm - a voce sola
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 6 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1640

>Dowland, John [Composer] : In darkness let me dwell, for voice, lute & bass viol (A Musicall Banquet)
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1610

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Come again, sweet love doth now invite, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : If my complaints could passions move, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Go crystal tears, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1597

>d'India, Sigismondo : Apertamente dice la gente (from "Le Musiche... da cantar solo nel Clavicordo...et altri istromenti s
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>d'India, Sigismondo : Le musiche, book 1
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1609

>d'India, Sigismondo : Donna io vorrei dir molto (from "Le Musiche... da cantar solo nel Clavicordo...et altri istromenti s
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Caccini, Giulio : Dite o del foco mio, for voice & continuo (from "Nuove musiche e nuova maniera di scriverle") :: Dite
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Caccini, Giulio : Amarilli Mia Bella :: Amarilli mia bella
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1601

>Jones, Robert (II) : Ite caldi sospiri (from "A Musical Dreame") :: Ite caldi sospiri
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Handel, George Frideric : Mi palpita il cor, cantata, HWV 132
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 8 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1710

>Carissimi, Giacomo : Apritevi inferni
  • Performers: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch (Harpsichord); Hubert Hoffmann (Lute); William Matteuzzi (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Hans-Ludwig Hirsch
  • Running Time: 7 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1663