1 800 222 6872

Dvorák: Complete String Quartets / Stamitz String Quartet

Album Summary

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 3 in D major, B 18
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 2 in B flat major, B 17
>Dvorak, Antonin : Andante appasionato for String Quartet in A minor
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 8 in E major, Op. 80/B 57
>Dvorak, Antonin : Cypresses for String Quartet, B 152
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 4 in E minor, B 19
>Dvorak, Antonin : Movement for String Quartet in F major, B 120
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 5 in F minor, Op. 9/B 37
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 6 in A minor, Op. 12/B 40
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 1 in A major, Op. 2/B 8
>Dvorak, Antonin : Terzetto for 2 Violins and Viola in C major, Op. 74/B 148
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 11 in C major, Op. 61/B 121
>Dvorak, Antonin : Waltzes (2) for String Quartet, Op. 54/B 105
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 9 in D minor, Op. 34/B 75
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 7 in A minor, Op. 16/B 45
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 10 in E flat major, Op. 51/B 92
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 14 in A flat major, Op. 105/B 193
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 12 in F major, Op. 96/B 179 "American"
>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 13 in G major, Op. 106/B 192
Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Czech composer Antonin Dvorak was his whole life occupied with the genre String Quartet. His quartets show the development of the composer, his sense of form and structure, and the introduction of Czech folk music elements.Some of the quartets have gained world fame (the so called "American Quartet" , with elements of American folk music) but many still have to be discovered by the musical public. Some of the quartets have gained world fame (the so called "American Quartet" , with elements of American folk music) but many still have to be discovered by the musical public. This recording of the complete string quartets is by the Czech Stamitz Quartet, possessing this inimitable feeling for the Czech elements in this wonderful music. They deservedly won a prestigious GRAND PRIX DU DISQUE for these recordings. 10 CD' s in wallets, packaged in a small carton box, saving valuable space.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 3 in D major, B 18
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1869-1870
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 2 in B flat major, B 17
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1869-1870
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Andante appasionato for String Quartet in A minor
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: ?1873
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 8 in E major, Op. 80/B 57
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1876
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Cypresses for String Quartet, B 152
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1887
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 4 in E minor, B 19
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1870
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Movement for String Quartet in F major, B 120
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1881
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 5 in F minor, Op. 9/B 37
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1873
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 6 in A minor, Op. 12/B 40
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1873
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 1 in A major, Op. 2/B 8
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1862
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Terzetto for 2 Violins and Viola in C major, Op. 74/B 148
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet members
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1887
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 11 in C major, Op. 61/B 121
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1881
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Waltzes (2) for String Quartet, Op. 54/B 105
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1880
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 9 in D minor, Op. 34/B 75
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1877
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 7 in A minor, Op. 16/B 45
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1874
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 10 in E flat major, Op. 51/B 92
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1878-1879
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 14 in A flat major, Op. 105/B 193
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1895
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 12 in F major, Op. 96/B 179 "American"
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1893
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dvorak, Antonin : Quartet for Strings no 13 in G major, Op. 106/B 192
  • Ensemble: Stamitz String Quartet
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1895
  • Studio/Live: Studio