1 800 222 6872

R. Strauss: Lieder / Jonas Kaufmann, Helmut Deutsch

Audio Samples

  1. Strauss — Zueignung, Op. 10, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  2. Strauss — Nichts, Op. 10, No. 2 $0.99 on iTunes
  3. Strauss — Die Nacht, Op. 10, No. 3 $0.99 on iTunes
  4. Strauss — Befreit, Op. 39, No. 4 $0.99 on iTunes
  5. Strauss — Allerseelen, Op. 10, No. 8 $0.99 on iTunes
  6. Strauss — Ruhe, Meine Seele, Op. 27, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  7. Strauss — Cäcilie, Op. 27, No. 2 $0.99 on iTunes
  8. Strauss — Heimliche Aufforderung, Op. 27, No. 3 $0.99 on iTunes
  9. Strauss — Morgen!, Op. 27, No. 4 $0.99 on iTunes
  10. Strauss — Freundliche Vision, Op. 48, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  11. Strauss — Ich Liebe Dich, Op. 37, No. 2 $0.99 on iTunes
  12. Strauss — All Mein Gedanken…, Op. 21, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  13. Strauss — Du Meines Herzens Krönelein, Op. 21, No. 2 $0.99 on iTunes
  14. Strauss — Ach Lieb, Ich Muss Nun Scheiden!, Op. 21, No. 3 $0.99 on iTunes
  15. Strauss — Ach Weh Mir Unglückhaftem Mann, Op. 21, No. 4 $0.99 on iTunes
  16. Strauss — Die Frauen Sind Oft Fromm und Still, Op. 21, No. 5 $0.99 on iTunes
  17. Strauss — Traum Durch Die Dämmerung, Op. 29, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  18. Strauss — Nachtgang, Op. 29, No. 3 $0.99 on iTunes
  19. Strauss — Wozu Noch, Mädchen, Op. 19, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  20. Strauss — Schön Sind, Doch Kalt Die Himmelsterne, Op. 19, No. 3 $0.99 on iTunes
  21. Strauss — Wie Sollten Wir Geheim Sie Halten, Op. 19, No. 4 $0.99 on iTunes
  22. Strauss — Hoffen und Wieder Verzagen, Op. 19, No. 5 $0.99 on iTunes
  23. Strauss — Mein Herz Ist Stumm, Op. 19, No. 6 $0.99 on iTunes
  24. Strauss — Ich Trage Meine Minne, Op. 32, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  25. Strauss — Sehnsucht, Op. 32, No. 2 $0.99 on iTunes
  26. Strauss — Schlechtes Wetter, Op. 69, No. 5 $0.99 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (8), Op. 10
>Strauss, Richard : Die Nacht, Op. 10 no 3
>Strauss, Richard : Wer hat's gethan? ("Es steht mein Lied in Nacht und Frost"), song for voice & piano, o.Op. 84a (TrV
>Strauss, Richard : Befreit, Op. 39 no 4
>Strauss, Richard : Allerseelen, Op. 10 no 8
>Strauss, Richard : Ruhe, meine Seele ("Nicht ein Lüftchen regt sich leise"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op.
>Strauss, Richard : Cäcilie ("Wenn du es wüsstest"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 27/2 (TrV 170/2)
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (4), Op. 27
>Strauss, Richard : Freundliche Vision ("Nicht im Schlafe hab' ich das geträumt"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra)
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (6), Op. 37
>Strauss, Richard : Schlichte Weisen (5), Op. 21
>Strauss, Richard : Du meines Herzens Krönelein, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/2 (TrV 160/2)
>Strauss, Richard : Ach, weh mir unglückhaftern Mann, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/4 (TrV 160/4)
>Strauss, Richard : Die Frauen sind oft fromm und still, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5 (TrV 160/5)
>Strauss, Richard : Traum durch die Dämmerung ("Weite Wiesen im Dämmergrau"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op.
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (3), Op. 29
>Strauss, Richard : Wozu noch, Mächden, soll es frommen, song for voice & piano, Op. 19/1 (TrV 152/1)
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder aus Lotusblättern (6), Op. 19
>Strauss, Richard : Schön sind, doch kalt die Himmelssterne, song for voice & piano, Op. 19/3 (TrV 152/3)
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder aus Lotusblattern (6), Op. 19
>Strauss, Richard : Hoffen und wieder verzagen, song for voice & piano, Op. 19/5 (TrV 152/5)
>Strauss, Richard : Ich trage meine Minne, song for voice & piano, Op. 32/1 (TrV 174/1)
>Strauss, Richard : Sehnsucht ("Ich ging den Weg entlang, der einsam lag"), song for voice & piano, Op. 32/2 (TrV 174/2)
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (5), Op. 69
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The great importance of lieder within Strauss' creative output can be seen from the sheer number of works he composed in the genre: 187 songs with piano, plus those with orchestra. Only after Strauss found his own operatic language, with 'Salome,' did song production take a back seat, but even then without losing significance. With the exception of the Heine setting, all the songs on the present CD date from the fertile period of composition of 1885-1900. Jonas Kaufmann studied with James King and won first prize in the Nuremberg Meistersinger Competition in 1993. Since 2001 he has been a member of the Zurich Opera.

Sunday Times
The disc that alerted international audiences to Kaufmann's gifts as both a superb singer and outstanding interpreter of the German art-song repertoire.

The Guardian
Stupendous is the only word to describe it. This is sexy, passionate singing, delivered with thrilling ease.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (8), Op. 10
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (8), Op. 10
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Strauss, Richard : Die Nacht, Op. 10 no 3
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Strauss, Richard : Wer hat's gethan? ("Es steht mein Lied in Nacht und Frost"), song for voice & piano, o.Op. 84a (TrV
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Strauss, Richard : Befreit, Op. 39 no 4
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1898

>Strauss, Richard : Allerseelen, Op. 10 no 8
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Strauss, Richard : Ruhe, meine Seele ("Nicht ein Lüftchen regt sich leise"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op.
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Strauss, Richard : Cäcilie ("Wenn du es wüsstest"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 27/2 (TrV 170/2)
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (4), Op. 27
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (4), Op. 27
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Strauss, Richard : Freundliche Vision ("Nicht im Schlafe hab' ich das geträumt"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra)
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1900

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (6), Op. 37
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1898

>Strauss, Richard : Schlichte Weisen (5), Op. 21
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Du meines Herzens Krönelein, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/2 (TrV 160/2)
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1887-88.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1887-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Schlichte Weisen (5), Op. 21
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Ach, weh mir unglückhaftern Mann, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/4 (TrV 160/4)
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Die Frauen sind oft fromm und still, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5 (TrV 160/5)
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Traum durch die Dämmerung ("Weite Wiesen im Dämmergrau"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op.
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1895

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (3), Op. 29
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1895

>Strauss, Richard : Wozu noch, Mächden, soll es frommen, song for voice & piano, Op. 19/1 (TrV 152/1)
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder aus Lotusblättern (6), Op. 19
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Schön sind, doch kalt die Himmelssterne, song for voice & piano, Op. 19/3 (TrV 152/3)
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder aus Lotusblättern (6), Op. 19
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1885-88.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1885-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Hoffen und wieder verzagen, song for voice & piano, Op. 19/5 (TrV 152/5)
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder aus Lotusblättern (6), Op. 19
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885-1888

>Strauss, Richard : Ich trage meine Minne, song for voice & piano, Op. 32/1 (TrV 174/1)
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Strauss, Richard : Sehnsucht ("Ich ging den Weg entlang, der einsam lag"), song for voice & piano, Op. 32/2 (TrV 174/2)
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (5), Op. 69
  • Performers: Helmut Deutsch (Piano); Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1918