1 800 222 6872

Parabolically Bach / Gwozdz, Sax-Chamber Orchestra

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in G minor (Acht kleine Praeludien und Fugen no 6; doubtful), BWV 558
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in D minor (Acht kleine Praeludien und Fugen no 2; doubtful), BWV 554
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wie schön leucht't uns, BWV 739
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 99, "Was Gott tut, das ist wohlgetan" BWV 99
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musical Offering, BWV 1079
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, BWV 846-869
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Art of the Fugue, BWV 1080
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 6 in B flat major, BWV 1051
Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composer

Notes & Reviews:

What a unique opportunity to hear the union of German master composer Johann Sebastian Bach and the Belgian instrument designer, Adolphe Sax. In this recording conducted by Lawrence Gwozdz, the Sax-Chamber Orchestra showcases Bach's ability to fuse disparate international musical styles as well as the wonderful evolution of the saxophone as created by Adolphe Sax.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in G minor (Acht kleine Praeludien und Fugen no 6; doubtful), BWV 558
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in D minor (Acht kleine Praeludien und Fugen no 2; doubtful), BWV 554
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wie schön leucht't uns, BWV 739
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1705

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166) :: Chorale
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 11/25/1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147 :: Jesu bleibet meine Freude
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 07/02/1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 99, "Was Gott tut, das ist wohlgetan" BWV 99 :: Chorale and Opening Chorus
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 09/17/1724

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musical Offering, BWV 1079 :: Ricercar
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 05/1747-07/1747

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, BWV 846-869 :: Prelude
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Art of the Fugue, BWV 1080 :: Contrapunc
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1742

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 6 in B flat major, BWV 1051
  • Conductor: Lawrence Gwozdz
  • Notes: Carterville Baptist Church, Beta., MS (01/09/2006-01/12/2006)
  • Running Time: 17 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721