1 800 222 6872

Cello Works - Rachmaninov, et al / Yotcheva, Laré

Album Summary

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Vocalise, instrumental arrangement, Op. 34/14
>Piatigorsky, Gregor : Divertimento for cello & orchestra in D major (after Haydn's baryton trios)
>Bruch, Max [Composer] : Kol Nidrei, for cello & orchestra, Op. 47
>Paganini, Niccolò : Introduction and Variations on "Dal tuo stellato soglio" from Rossini's "Mosè", for violin & orchest
>Boccherini, Luigi : Sonata for Cello and Basso Continuo in A major
>Glazunov, Alexander : Chant du ménéstral (Minstrel's Song) for cello & orchestra in F sharp minor, Op. 71
>Popper, David : Hungarian Rhapsody for Cello and Piano, Op. 68
>Schumann, Robert : Pieces (12) for Piano 4 hands, Op. 85
>Chopin, Frédéric : Introduction and Polonaise for Cello and Piano in C major, Op. 3
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Violin no 1 in C major, H 7a no 1
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Velitchka Yotcheva, one of Canada's most gifted young cellists, enjoys a brilliant career as a soloist with various orchestras in Europe, Russia, South America, and Canada. She also performs as a chamber musician to great acclaim throughout Canada and around the world.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Vocalise, instrumental arrangement, Op. 34/14
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Piatigorsky, Gregor : Divertimento for cello & orchestra in D major (after Haydn's baryton trios)
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Bruch, Max [Composer] : Kol Nidrei, for cello & orchestra, Op. 47
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Paganini, Niccolò : Introduction and Variations on "Dal tuo stellato soglio" from Rossini's "Mosè", for violin & orchest
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1819

>Boccherini, Luigi : Sonata for Cello and Basso Continuo in A major :: Adagio
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Boccherini, Luigi : Sonata for Cello and Basso Continuo in A major :: Allegro
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Glazunov, Alexander : Chant du ménéstral (Minstrel's Song) for cello & orchestra in F sharp minor, Op. 71
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1900

>Popper, David : Hungarian Rhapsody for Cello and Piano, Op. 68
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Schumann, Robert : Pieces (12) for Piano 4 hands, Op. 85 :: Abendlied, opus 85, no 12
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1849

>Chopin, Frédéric : Introduction and Polonaise for Cello and Piano in C major, Op. 3
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1829-1830

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Violin no 1 in C major, H 7a no 1 :: Adagio
  • Performers: Patrice Laré (Piano); Velitchka Yotcheva (Cello)
  • Notes: Salle Claude Champagne, Montréal (01/28/2004/01/29/2004)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: by 1769