1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: Violin and Piano Sonatas / Staryk-Perry Duo

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 9 in A major, Op. 47 "Kreutzer"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 2 in A major, Op. 12
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 8 in G major, Op. 30 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 96
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 4 in A minor, Op. 23
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 1 in D major, Op. 12 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 3 in E flat major, Op. 12 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for violin & piano no 7 in C minor ("Eroica"), Op. 30/2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 5 in F major, Op. 24 "Spring"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for violin & piano no 6 in A major, Op. 30/1
Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"This set is now my Beethoven violin sonata set of choice. I even prefer it to the excellent set that Pamela Frank recorded with her father, Claude Frank, for Music & Arts. The fascination for me begins at the beginning of the first disc, when the piano answers the solo violin opening of the Kreutzer Sonata voiced in a way that makes it sound new, as if I were hearing it for the very first time. Staryk and Perry do the same kind of thing with every sonata, bringing out motives, relationships between phrases, and counterpoint that I never noticed before (and I thought I knew these sonatas quite well). Perry and Staryk play everything hand-in-glove, matching articulations and colors-as if they were two people with one very brilliant, lively, and well-organized musical mind." -ARG



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 9 in A major, Op. 47 "Kreutzer"
  • Ensemble: Staryk-Perry Duo
  • Running Time: 33 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802-1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 2 in A major, Op. 12
  • Ensemble: Staryk-Perry Duo
  • Notes: Composition written: 1797-98.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 8 in G major, Op. 30 no 3
  • Ensemble: Staryk-Perry Duo
  • Notes: Composition written: 1801-02.
  • Running Time: 18 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 96
  • Ensemble: Staryk-Perry Duo
  • Running Time: 26 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 4 in A minor, Op. 23
  • Ensemble: Staryk-Perry Duo
  • Notes: Composition written: 1800.
  • Running Time: 15 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 1 in D major, Op. 12 no 1
  • Ensemble: Staryk-Perry Duo
  • Notes: Composition written: 1797-98.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 3 in E flat major, Op. 12 no 3
  • Ensemble: Staryk-Perry Duo
  • Notes: Composition written: 1797-98.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for violin & piano no 7 in C minor ("Eroica"), Op. 30/2
  • Ensemble: Staryk-Perry Duo
  • Running Time: 25 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 5 in F major, Op. 24 "Spring"
  • Ensemble: Staryk-Perry Duo
  • Running Time: 22 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for violin & piano no 6 in A major, Op. 30/1
  • Ensemble: Staryk-Perry Duo
  • Notes: Composition written: 1801-02.
  • Running Time: 22 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801-1802