- Arturo Cauli (Baritone)
- Giorgio Casciari (Voice)
- Giulia Martella (Mezzo Soprano)
- Luciano Miotto (Bass)
- Maria Nocentini (Soprano)
- Milijana Nikolic (Mezzo Soprano)
- Alessandro Pento (Tenor)
- Eugène Gallien-Laloue
Notes & Reviews:
Inspired by the example and encouragement of Rossini, Donizetti moved to Paris, where he soon established himself with a series of operas that seemed likely, Berlioz thought, to oust French composers from their proper place. 'La fille du regiment' was written for Paris, where it won and retained popularity. Donizetti revised the work for La Scala, Milan, as 'La figlia del reggimento,' a light-hearted story of an orphan girl, adopted by a regiment, but finally finding her real mother and happiness with the young man she loves.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsDonizetti, Gaetano : La fille du régiment (The daughter of the regiment), opera
- Performers: Arturo Cauli (Baritone); Giorgio Casciari (Voice); Giulia Martella (Mezzo Soprano); Luciano Miotto (Bass); Eugène Gallien-Laloue; Maria Nocentini (Soprano); Milijana Nikolic (Mezzo Soprano); Alessandro Pento (Tenor)
- Conductor: Marzio Conti
- Ensemble: Marrucino di Chieti Theater Orchestra
- Notes: Teatro Marrucino, Chieti, Italy (03/31/2004-04/05/2004)
- Running Time: 50 min. 38 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1840
- Studio/Live: Live