- Schubert — Symphony No. 9 In C Major, D. 944, "Great": I. Andante - Allegro Ma Non Troppo
- Schubert — Symphony No. 9 In C Major, D. 944, "Great": II. Andante Con Moto
- Schubert — Symphony No. 9 In C Major, D. 944, "Great": III. Scherzo: Allegro Vivace
- Schubert — Symphony No. 9 In C Major, D. 944, "Great": IV. Allegro Vivace
Notes & Reviews:
"You can tell from the very first forte in the first movement, with the bass trombone perfectly balanced against the cellos and basses, that this is going to be a terrific performance. And Wand doesn't just get the sonority right: He handles all of the tricky points, such as the transition from the introduction to the first movement proper, or the tempo of the scherzo, with unfailing logic and ease. The opening of the finale has seldom sounded so texturally open and unclogged, and Wand never loses sight of the work's underlying lyricism (particularly in the Andante, which is gorgeous). It's clear that the Munich orchestra delights in giving the conductor everything he wants, and the sonics are just as warm and rich as the interpretation." -Classics Today
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Scottish Fantasies for Violin and Orchestra / Barton Pine
Kohaut: Lute Concertos / Schneiderman, et al
Friends of Schubert / Brunner, Salzburger Hofmusik
Schubert: Symphony no 9 / Davis, Staatskapelle Dresden
Beethoven: Symphony no 9 / Haitink, Robinson, etc
Hook, J.C. Bach, Mahon: Clarinet Concertos / Lawson, Harris
Boccherini: Cello Sonatas / Lester, Watkin, Nwanoku
Instrument of the Devil / Rachel Barton, Patrick Sinozich
Works DetailsSchubert, Franz : Symphony no 9 in C major, D 944 "Great"
- Conductor: Günter Wand
- Ensemble: Munich Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 53 min. 41 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1825-1828