- Get Happy $0.99 on iTunes
- If I Only Had a Brain $0.99 on iTunes
- Stormy Weather $0.99 on iTunes
- Ac-cen-tu-ate the Positive $0.99 on iTunes
- Over the Rainbow $0.99 on iTunes
- That Old Black Magic $0.99 on iTunes
- Anyplace I Hang My Hat Is Home $0.99 on iTunes
- Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea $0.99 on iTunes
- The Man That Got Away $0.99 on iTunes
- Come Rain or Come Shine $0.99 on iTunes
Personnel: Laurence Juber (acoustic guitar).
Liner Note Author: Laurence Juber .
Recording information: The Sign Of The Scorpion, Studio City, CA (01/2006-06/2006).
Since launching his career as a member of Wingsin the '70s, the two-time Grammy winning guitarist has established himself as a world-class fingerstylist and session and film soundtrack player. He's always enjoyed paying homage to his rock roots -- most notably on LJ Plays the Beatles and One Wing -- he's also recorded some fine original material over the years. On this cleverly titled solo acoustic guitar collection, he sticks to the thoughtful strumming and occasionally percussive approach that has served him so well, tackling tunes from the Great American Songbook composed by the legendary Harold Arlen. Deeply inspired by a centennial concert celebrating the composer's legacy, Juber realized there was so much more to him than "Over the Rainbow" (given a sparse, eloquent treatment here). Among those he covers with reverent joy are "I've Got the World on a String," "Ac-Cen-Tu-Ate the Positive" and "Come Rain or Come Shine." Much like Earl Klugh has done on his solo acoustic projects, Juber's perfect blend of respect and jazz invention helps the listener realize just what great melodies these are, and how fresh they can be with every new look and interpretation. ~ Jonathan Widran