1 800 222 6872

Rossini: Complete Works for Piano Vol 7 / Paolo Giacometti

Album Summary

>Rossini, Gioachino : Prélude prétentieux, for piano in C minor/major (Péchés de vieillesse), QR x/1
>Rossini, Gioachino : Spécimen de mon temps, for piano in A flat major (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR x/38
>Rossini, Gioachino : Valse anti-dansante, for piano in F major (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR xvii/60
>Rossini, Gioachino : Prélude semi-pastoral, for piano in A major (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR xvii/78
>Rossini, Gioachino : Tarantelle pur sang, for chorus, harmonium & clochette ad lib (or piano) (Péchés de vieillesse, book
>Rossini, Gioachino : Un rêve, for piano in B minor (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR x/11
>Rossini, Gioachino : Prelude soi-disant dramatique, for piano in F sharp major (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR xvii/10
>Rossini, Gioachino : Spécimen de l'avenir, for piano in E flat major (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR x/104
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"The delightful titles of so many of Rossini's piano works suggest that they are all lightweight predecessors of Satie, but his Album de Château contains some very substantial works. Specimen de Mon Temps, Prelude Semipastorale, Prelude soi-disant Dramatique, and Specimen de l'Avenir all last longer than 10 minutes each, making them equal in size to Chopin's Ballades or Scherzos, and several other pieces on this disc are almost as long. But beyond mere questions of size, Rossini packs each piece with eventful, characterful music. In several cases the titles do in fact tell all.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Rossini, Gioachino : Prélude prétentieux, for piano in C minor/major (Péchés de vieillesse), QR x/1
  • Performer: Paolo Giacometti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1857-1868

>Rossini, Gioachino : Spécimen de mon temps, for piano in A flat major (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR x/38
  • Performer: Paolo Giacometti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Rossini, Gioachino : Valse anti-dansante, for piano in F major (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR xvii/60
  • Performer: Paolo Giacometti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Rossini, Gioachino : Prélude semi-pastoral, for piano in A major (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR xvii/78
  • Performer: Paolo Giacometti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Rossini, Gioachino : Tarantelle pur sang, for chorus, harmonium & clochette ad lib (or piano) (Péchés de vieillesse, book
  • Performer: Paolo Giacometti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Rossini, Gioachino : Un rêve, for piano in B minor (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR x/11
  • Performer: Paolo Giacometti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Rossini, Gioachino : Prelude soi-disant dramatique, for piano in F sharp major (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR xvii/10
  • Performer: Paolo Giacometti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Rossini, Gioachino : Spécimen de l'avenir, for piano in E flat major (Péchés de vieillesse, book 8), QR x/104
  • Performer: Paolo Giacometti (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic