- Marisa Martins (Mezzo Soprano)
- Antonio Comas (Voice)
- Stefano Palatchi (Bass)
- Isabel Monar (Soprano)
- Enric Martínez-Castignani
Notes & Reviews:
"El gato con botas was the first of [Montsalvatge]'s three operas; it is the well-known kid's story about the sly cat who makes deals with its master. The music has an instantly familiar ring to it and the forms--recitative and aria--keep it well in the tradition of the type of comic works that were being written around 1800 ... This performance is delightful, with Marisa Martin a cat to reckon with--not only cunning but alluring ... If you don't know the work of Montsalvatge, this might be a good place to start." -Bob Levine
A magical, mysterious opera in five scenes! The opera's libretto is signed by Néstor Luján, based on a fairy tale of Charles Perrault. The CD includes a multimedia bonus with interviews and images of the recording.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMontsalvatge, Xavier : El Gato con Botas, opera
- Performers: Marisa Martins (Mezzo Soprano); Antonio Comas (Voice); Enric Martínez-Castignani; Stefano Palatchi (Bass); Isabel Monar (Soprano)
- Conductor: Antoni Ros Marbá
- Ensemble: Symphony Orchestra of the Gran Teatre del Liceu
- Notes: Sala Mestres Cabanes del Gran Teatre del Liceu (09/07/2002/09/11/2002)
- Running Time: 8 min. 5 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Written: 1948