1 800 222 6872

Bach: The Great Preludes, Fantasias & Fugues / Herrick

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia and Fugue for Organ in G minor, BWV 542 "Great G minor"
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasie and Fugue in C minor, BWV 562
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in A minor, BWV 543
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in D major, BWV 532
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in B minor, BWV 544 (BC J27)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BWV 541
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in E flat major ("St. Anne;" Clavier-Übung III/26), BWV 552 (BC J16)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C minor, BWV 546
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia for organ in G major, BWV 572 (BC J83)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in E minor, BWV 548 "Wedge"
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 547
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in F minor, BWV 534
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasie and Fugue for Organ in C minor, BWV 537
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in A major, BWV 536
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 545
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"As emotionally compelling as it is authoritative. The instrument is ideal for the repertoire and it is superbly recorded." -Penguin Guide

'Yet another yardstick release from what seems to be an unbeatable team ... I suspect I have already found my record of the year' (Gramophone)

'As emotionally compelling as it is authoritative. The instrument is ideal for the repertoire and it is superbly recorded' (The Penguin Guide to Compact Discs)

'Herrick's musical inspiration, matched by his technique, does full justice to this pinnacle of the organ repertoire' (BBC Music Magazine Top 1000 CDs Guide)

'This is in every way a Bach recital out of the top drawer, played with magisterial authority on a magnificent organ' (Classic FM Magazine)

'...these incisive, illuminating performances...They continue to offer compulsory interpretation for anyone's library. Herrick approaches Bach with an interrogative direction that compels the imagination. In the warm, well-shaped acoustic of Lucerne's Jesuitenkirche he finds drama and strength of purpose, vibrancy and colour on a fine modern Metzler organ, and displays an impressively articulate, varied and telling range of gestures. Dip in at any point and you'll find something to please and provoke ... the impeccable recorded sound is icing on the cake' (Choir & Organ)



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia and Fugue for Organ in G minor, BWV 542 "Great G minor"
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasie and Fugue in C minor, BWV 562 :: Fantasia
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730-1745

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in A minor, BWV 543
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1715

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in D major, BWV 532
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1710

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in B minor, BWV 544 (BC J27)
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1727-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BWV 541
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1712

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in E flat major ("St. Anne;" Clavier-Übung III/26), BWV 552 (BC J16)
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C minor, BWV 546
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1723-1729

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia for organ in G major, BWV 572 (BC J83)
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1712

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in E minor, BWV 548 "Wedge"
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1727-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 547
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in F minor, BWV 534
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1710

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasie and Fugue for Organ in C minor, BWV 537
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in A major, BWV 536
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1708-1717

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 545
  • Performer: Christopher Herrick (Organ)
  • Notes: Jesuit Church, Lucerne, Switzerland (04/21/1993-04/24/1993)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1712-1717