Best Bach 100

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor, BWV 232
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 51, "Jauchzet Gott in allen Landen," BWV 51
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 82, "Ich habe genug" BWV 82
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Magnificat
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint John Passion, BWV 245
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 78 "Jesu, der du meine Seele" BWV 78
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 106, "Gottes Zeit ist die allerbeste Zeit," ("Actus Tragicus"), BWV 106 (BC B18)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Easter Oratorio, BWV 249
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 208, "Was mir behagt, ist nur die muntre Jagd!" (Hunt) BWV 208
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Organ no 2 in A minor, BWV 593 (after Vivaldi)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 582
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 4 in G major, BWV 1049
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musical Offering, BWV 1079
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C minor, BWV 1060
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 4 Harpsichords in A minor, BWV 1065
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 3 in G major, BWV 1048
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 5 in D major, BWV 1050
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Flute solo in A minor, BWV 1013
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Viola da Gamba and Harpsichord no 3 in G minor, BWV 1029
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto in F major, BWV 971
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 2 in D minor, BWV 1004
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for solo cello no 1 in G major, BWV 1007
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Cello solo no 3 in C major, BWV 1009
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for lute in E minor, BWV 996
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Keyboard no 1 in B flat major, BWV 825
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, BWV 846-869
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for keyboard no 14 in F sharp minor (WTC II/14), BWV 883 (BC L117)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Chromatic Fantasia and Fugue in D minor, BWV 903
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in E flat major, BWV 1031
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Goldberg Variations, BWV 988
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for violin & continuo in E minor, BWV 1023
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major, BWV 564
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The newest title in the Best Classics 100 series, Best Bach 100, features 6 CDs of one of the greatest composers of all time, including the Brandenburg Concertos, the Toccata and Fugue in D minor, the First Cello Suite, and many, many more. Each CD contains an average of 16 tracks. With this release you get 6 CDs of great music for the price of 1!



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor, BWV 232 :: Chorus. Gloria in excelsis Deo
  • Performer: Catherine Patriasz (Alto)
  • Conductor: Philippe Herreweghe
  • Running Time: 7 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor, BWV 232 :: Aria. Laudamus te
  • Performer: Catherine Patriasz (Alto)
  • Conductor: Philippe Herreweghe
  • Running Time: 4 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor, BWV 232 :: Chorus. Et incarnatus est
  • Performer: Catherine Patriasz (Alto)
  • Conductor: Philippe Herreweghe
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor, BWV 232 :: Aria. Agnus Dei
  • Performer: Catherine Patriasz (Alto)
  • Conductor: Philippe Herreweghe
  • Running Time: 5 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor, BWV 232 :: Chorus. Osanna in excelsis
  • Performer: Catherine Patriasz (Alto)
  • Conductor: Philippe Herreweghe
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147 :: Chorale. Jesu bleibet meine F
  • Conductor: Andrew Parrott
  • Ensemble: Taverner Consort
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 07/02/1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 51, "Jauchzet Gott in allen Landen," BWV 51 :: Aria. Jauchzet Gott in allen Land
  • Performers: Nancy Argenta (Soprano); Crispian Steele-Perkins (Trumpet)
  • Ensemble: Sonnerie
  • Running Time: 4 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 09/17/1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 82, "Ich habe genug" BWV 82 :: Aria. Ich habe genug
  • Performers: Fabio Biondi (Violin); Ian Bostridge (Tenor)
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Running Time: 7 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 02/02/1727

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Magnificat :: Chorus.
  • Performer: Christoph Prégardien (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Sigiswald Kuijken
  • Ensemble: La Petite Bande
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 06/1733

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Magnificat :: Aria. De
  • Performer: Christoph Prégardien (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Sigiswald Kuijken
  • Ensemble: La Petite Bande
  • Running Time: 2 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 06/1733

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248 :: Chorale. Wie soll ich dich
  • Performer: Peter Kooij
  • Conductor: Philippe Herreweghe
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1734

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248 :: Aria. Erleucht auch meine f
  • Performer: Peter Kooij
  • Conductor: Philippe Herreweghe
  • Running Time: 4 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1734

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint John Passion, BWV 245 :: Chorale. Ach, groáer König
  • Performer: Richard Boothby
  • Conductor: Andrew Parrott
  • Ensemble: Taverner Consort
  • Running Time: 1 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 04/07/1724

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint John Passion, BWV 245 :: Aria. Es ist vollbracht
  • Performer: Richard Boothby
  • Conductor: Andrew Parrott
  • Ensemble: Taverner Choir, Consort & Players
  • Running Time: 5 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 04/07/1724

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint John Passion, BWV 245 :: Chorus. Ruht wohl, ihr heiligen Gebeine
  • Performer: Richard Boothby
  • Conductor: Andrew Parrott
  • Ensemble: Taverner Choir, Consort & Players
  • Running Time: 8 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 04/07/1724

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 78 "Jesu, der du meine Seele" BWV 78 :: Duetto. Wir eilen mit Schwachen
  • Performers: Sibyl Michelow (Voice); Edith Mathis (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Wolfgang Gönnenwein
  • Ensemble: Consortium Musicum
  • Running Time: 5 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 09/10/1724

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 106, "Gottes Zeit ist die allerbeste Zeit," ("Actus Tragicus"), BWV 106 (BC B18) :: Sonati
  • Conductor: Wolfgang Gönnenwein
  • Ensemble: Consortium Musicum
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1707-1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 106, "Gottes Zeit ist die allerbeste Zeit," ("Actus Tragicus"), BWV 106 (BC B18) :: Chorus
  • Conductor: Wolfgang Gönnenwein
  • Ensemble: Consortium Musicum
  • Running Time: 8 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1707-1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
  • Conductor: John Nelson
  • Running Time: 6 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
  • Performer: Nicolai Gedda
  • Conductor: Wolfgang Gönnenwein
  • Ensemble: Consortium Musicum
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
  • Performer: Nicolai Gedda
  • Conductor: Wolfgang Gönnenwein
  • Ensemble: Consortium Musicum
  • Running Time: 6 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
  • Performer: Nicolai Gedda
  • Conductor: Wolfgang Gönnenwein
  • Ensemble: Consortium Musicum
  • Running Time: 7 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Easter Oratorio, BWV 249 :: "Kommt, eilet und laufet"), BWV 249 (BC D8)
  • Conductor: Andrew Parrott
  • Ensemble: Taverner Consort
  • Running Time: 5 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1743-1746

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 208, "Was mir behagt, ist nur die muntre Jagd!" (Hunt) BWV 208 :: Aria. Schafe können sicher w
  • Performer: Barbara Hendricks
  • Conductor: Peter Schreier
  • Running Time: 4 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 02/23/1713

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166) :: Chorus. Wachet auf
  • Conductor: Wolfgang Gönnenwein
  • Ensemble: Consortium Musicum
  • Running Time: 8 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 11/25/1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659
  • Running Time: 4 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
  • Running Time: 8 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Organ no 2 in A minor, BWV 593 (after Vivaldi)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1713-1714

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 582
  • Performer: Lionel Rogg (Organ)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1708-1712

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068 :: Ouverture
  • Conductor: Philip Ledger
  • Running Time: 7 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068 :: Air
  • Conductor: Philip Ledger
  • Running Time: 4 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068 :: Gavotte
  • Conductor: Philip Ledger
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043
  • Performers: Jonathan Rees (Violin); Jane Murdoch (Violin)
  • Conductor: Jonathan Rees
  • Ensemble: Scottish Ensemble
  • Running Time: 14 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067 :: 1. Rondeau / 2. Sarabande / 3. Bourrées 1 & 2
  • Conductor: Philip Ledger
  • Running Time: 6 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067 :: 4. Polonaise / 5. Menuet / 6. Badinerie
  • Conductor: Philip Ledger
  • Running Time: 6 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 4 in G major, BWV 1049
  • Performers: Jonathan Rees (Violin); William Lyons (Recorder); Giles Lewin (Recorder)
  • Conductor: Jonathan Rees
  • Ensemble: Scottish Ensemble
  • Running Time: 16 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056
  • Performers: Melante Amsterdam (Harpsichord); Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1738

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musical Offering, BWV 1079 :: Ricercar
  • Ensemble: Sonnerie
  • Running Time: 7 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 05/1747-07/1747

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047
  • Performers: Mark Bennett (Trumpet); Paul Goodwin (Oboe); Rachel Beckett (Recorder); Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C minor, BWV 1060
  • Performers: Alfredo Bernardini (Oboe); Fabio Biondi (Violin)
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Running Time: 12 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1921

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 4 Harpsichords in A minor, BWV 1065
  • Performers: Carsten Lohff (Harpsichord); Marcelo Bussi (Harpsichord); Bernhard Klapprott (Harpsichord); Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1730.
  • Running Time: 10 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 3 in G major, BWV 1048
  • Performer: Alison Bury (Violin)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052
  • Performer: Elizabeth Wallfisch (Violin)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 5 in D major, BWV 1050
  • Performers: John Holloway (Violin); John Toll (Harpsichord); Janet See (Flute)
  • Conductor: Andrew Parrott
  • Ensemble: Taverner Choir, Consort & Players
  • Running Time: 20 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Flute solo in A minor, BWV 1013 :: Allemande
  • Running Time: 5 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722-1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Viola da Gamba and Harpsichord no 3 in G minor, BWV 1029
  • Performers: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord); Jordi Savall (Vielle)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto in F major, BWV 971
  • Performer: Davitt Moroney (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1735.
  • Running Time: 13 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1735

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 2 in D minor, BWV 1004 :: 5. Ciaccona
  • Performer: Christian Tetzlaff (Violin)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for solo cello no 1 in G major, BWV 1007 :: 1. Prélude
  • Performer: Ralph Kirshbaum (Cello)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Cello solo no 3 in C major, BWV 1009 :: 4. Bourrées 1 & 2
  • Performer: Ralph Kirshbaum (Cello)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Cello solo no 3 in C major, BWV 1009 :: 6. Gigue
  • Performer: Ralph Kirshbaum (Cello)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for lute in E minor, BWV 996 :: 4. Sarabande
  • Performer: Pierre Hantaï (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1712

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for lute in E minor, BWV 996 :: 5. Bourrée
  • Performer: Pierre Hantaï (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1712

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for lute in E minor, BWV 996 :: 6. Gigue
  • Performer: Pierre Hantaï (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1712

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Keyboard no 1 in B flat major, BWV 825
  • Performer: Gustav Leonhardt (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1726-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002 :: 1. Preludio
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002 :: 2. Gavotte en rondeaux / 3. Menuets 1 & 2 / 4. B
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, BWV 846-869
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for keyboard no 14 in F sharp minor (WTC II/14), BWV 883 (BC L117)
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1740

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Chromatic Fantasia and Fugue in D minor, BWV 903
  • Running Time: 11 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in E flat major, BWV 1031
  • Running Time: 10 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730-1734

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 :: (Excerpt)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1741

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for violin & continuo in E minor, BWV 1023
  • Running Time: 4 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1714-1717

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major, BWV 564
  • Running Time: 14 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1712