- Isabelle van Keulen (Violin)
Notes & Reviews:
As in all his works, here too Pettersson concerns himself with the conveying of information pure and simple, with the description of a mechanized world that is out of joint and needs the individual at most as a little cog. Such music requires an almost hypertrophic orchestral apparatus in which the individual, the solo instrument, is in danger of being drowned out. After the premiere in 1980 Pettersson fought his way through to the production of a revised version of greater listening transparency. Our recording with Isabelle van Keulen from 1999 - a genuinely momentous musical hour - at the same time documents the premiere of this second version. This is the only recording of this violin concerto.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPettersson, Allan : Concerto for Violin (no 2)
- Performer: Isabelle van Keulen (Violin)
- Conductor: Thomas Dausgaard
- Ensemble: Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Berwald Hall, Stockholm, Sweden (03/26/1999-03/27/1999)
- Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Concerto
- Written: 1977-1980
- Studio/Live: Live