1 800 222 6872

Johann Jacob Froberger (1616-1667) - Hommage a LÆEmpereur (Tribute to The Emperor): Harpsichord Suites Nos. 7-17, Vol 3 / Bob van Asperen, harpsichord

Album Summary

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 7), for keyboard in E minor, FbWV 607/607b/607c
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 8), for keyboard in A major, FbWV 608
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 9), for keyboard in G minor, FbWV 609
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 10), for keyboard in A minor, FbWV 610
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 11), for keyboard in D major, FbWV 611/611a/611c
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Libro quarto di toccate
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 21), for keyboard in F major, FbWV 621
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 15), for keyboard in A minor, FbWV 615/615a
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 17), for keyboard in F major, FbWV 617
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Allemande, for keyboard in G major (Ihre MS, attributed)
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Courante, for keyboard in G major (Ihre MS, attributed)
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Gigue, for keyboard in D minor ("Aria Froberger", attributed)
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This is the third volume of the Froberger Edition, and completes the set. Containing the complete Libro Quarto and the suites XV and XVII, this album showcases these mature works.; For this recording, harpsichordist Bob van Asperen performs on a historic French harpsichord of an unknown maker, dating around 1700. The works were recorded in the incredible acoustics of the "sala nobile" of the Villa Medici, Rome.; This release includes a 48 page booklet in which Bob van Asperen comments on works recently ascribed to Froberger.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 7), for keyboard in E minor, FbWV 607/607b/607c
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1656

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 8), for keyboard in A major, FbWV 608
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1656

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 9), for keyboard in G minor, FbWV 609
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1656

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 10), for keyboard in A minor, FbWV 610
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1656

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 11), for keyboard in D major, FbWV 611/611a/611c
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1656

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Libro quarto di toccate
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1656

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 21), for keyboard in F major, FbWV 621
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 15), for keyboard in A minor, FbWV 615/615a
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Partita (no 17), for keyboard in F major, FbWV 617
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Allemande, for keyboard in G major (Ihre MS, attributed)
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Courante, for keyboard in G major (Ihre MS, attributed)
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Gigue, for keyboard in D minor ("Aria Froberger", attributed)
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque