1 800 222 6872

D. Scarlatti: Complete Keyboard Sonatas Vol 8 / Soyeon Lee

Album Summary

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 181/L 194
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in E major, K 496/L 372
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 420/L S2
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 466/L 118
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B flat major, K 441/L S39
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B minor, K 87/L 33
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 96/L 465
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G minor, K 426/L 128
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A flat major, K 127/L 186
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 462/L 438
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A minor, K 382/L S33
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 485/L 153
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 101/L 494
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Domenico Scarlatti was born in the same year as Bach and Handel. After serving in various capacities at several European courts, he settled in Portugal. In response to a knighthood conferred on him by King John V, he dedicated to the king (1738) a volume of what he modestly called Essercizi, consisting of over five hundred pieces for the keyboard. As one listens to these Sonatas, it is the never-failing invention and vitality of the music that is so remarkable. In these works, concentrated into the resources of one keyboard instrument, one can hear all the fire and passion of Spanish life.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 181/L 194
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in E major, K 496/L 372
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 420/L S2
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 466/L 118
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B flat major, K 441/L S39
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B minor, K 87/L 33
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 96/L 465
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G minor, K 426/L 128
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A flat major, K 127/L 186
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 462/L 438
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A minor, K 382/L S33
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 485/L 153
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 101/L 494
  • Performer: Soyeon Lee (Piano)
  • Notes: Performing Arts Centre, Ontario, Canada (01/06/2006-01/08/2006)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque