1 800 222 6872

Mendelssohn: Songs without Words / Strauss, Garben

Audio Samples

  1. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 30 in A Major, Op. 62: No. 6. "Fruhlingslied" $0.99 on iTunes
  2. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 5 in F Sharp Minor, Op. 19, No. 5 $0.99 on iTunes
  3. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 25 in G Major, Op. 62, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  4. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 32 in F Sharp Minor, Op. 67, No. 2 $0.99 on iTunes
  5. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 12 in F Sharp Minor, Op. 30: No. 6. "Venezianisches Gondellied" $0.99 on iTunes
  6. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 10 in B Minor, Op. 30, No. 4 $0.99 on iTunes
  7. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 9 in E Major, Op. 30, No. 3 $0.99 on iTunes
  8. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 13 in E Flat Major, Op. 38, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  9. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 33 in B Flat Major, Op. 67, No. 3 $0.99 on iTunes
  10. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 31 in E Flat Major, Op. 67, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  11. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 35 in B Minor, Op. 67, No. 5 $0.99 on iTunes
  12. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 21 in G Minor, Op. 53, No. 3 $0.99 on iTunes
  13. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 28 in G Major, Op. 62, No. 4 $0.99 on iTunes
  14. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 27 in E Minor, Op. 62: No. 3. "Trauermarsch" $0.99 on iTunes
  15. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 18 in A Flat Major, Op. 38: No. 6. "Duetto" $0.99 on iTunes
  16. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 22 in F Major, Op. 53, No. 4 $0.99 on iTunes
  17. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 16 in A Major, Op. 38, No. 4 $0.99 on iTunes
  18. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 14 in C Minor, Op. 38, No. 2 $0.99 on iTunes
  19. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 7 in E Flat Major, Op. 30, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes
  20. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 23 in A Minor, Op. 53: No. 5. "Volkslied" $0.99 on iTunes
  21. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 1 in E Major, Op. 19, No. 4 $0.99 on iTunes
  22. Mendelssohn — Lied Ohne Worte No. 2 in A Minor, Op. 19, No. 1 $0.99 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 30 in A major ("Frühlingslied"), Op. 62/6
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 19b/5
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 62/1 (Andante espressivo)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 67/2 (Allegro leggiero)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 2, Op. 30
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 10 in B minor, Op. 30/4
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 38/1
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 33 in B flat major, Op. 67/3
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 6, Op. 67
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 21 in G minor, Op. 53/3
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 28 in G major, Op. 62/4
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 62/3 (Andante maestoso)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Albumblatt for Piano in E minor, Op. 117
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Adagio in F major, Op. 53/4 (from Lieder ohne Worte)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 16 in A major, Op. 38/4
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 14 in C minor, Op. 38/2
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 23 in A minor ("Volkslied"), Op. 53/5
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 4 in A major, Op. 19b/4
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The series of Songs without Words that Mendelssohn wrote for piano and published from 1830 onwards serve as a very personal musical diary, purely and simply expressing its own musical meaning without verbal connotation. In arranging some of them for violin and piano the Leipzig violinist Friedrich Hermann was able to create a useful addition to the repertoire of his instrument without making any significant changes to the texture and form of the original compositions.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 30 in A major ("Frühlingslied"), Op. 62/6
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 06/01/1842

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 19b/5
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1829-1830

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 62/1 (Andante espressivo)
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 01/12/1844

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 67/2 (Allegro leggiero)
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 04/05/1839

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 2, Op. 30
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1830-1834

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 10 in B minor, Op. 30/4
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 01/30/1834

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 2, Op. 30
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 01/30/1834

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 38/1
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 02/1837-04/1

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 33 in B flat major, Op. 67/3
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 11/23/1844

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 6, Op. 67
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 07/29/1843

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 6, Op. 67
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 01/05/1844

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 21 in G minor, Op. 53/3
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 03/14/1839

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 28 in G major, Op. 62/4
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1841-1843

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 62/3 (Andante maestoso)
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/19/1843

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Albumblatt for Piano in E minor, Op. 117
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 06/27/1836

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Adagio in F major, Op. 53/4 (from Lieder ohne Worte)
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 05/01/1841

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 16 in A major, Op. 38/4
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: by 09/09/1836

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 14 in C minor, Op. 38/2
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 03/29/1836

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 2, Op. 30
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 06/26/1830

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 23 in A minor ("Volkslied"), Op. 53/5
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 04/30/1841

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 4 in A major, Op. 19b/4
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 09/14/1829

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19
  • Performers: Cord Garben [Conductor/Piano] (Piano); Axel Strauss (Violin)
  • Notes: Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (08/27/1999-08/29/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1829-1830