The Great Symphonies

Album Summary

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 101 in D major, H 1 no 101 "Clock"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 102 in B flat major, H 1 no 102
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 8 in B minor, D 759 "Unfinished"
>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 5 in B flat major, D 485
>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 3 in D major, D 200
>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 9 in C major, D 944 "Great"
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 1 in C minor, Op. 11
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 4 in A major, Op. 90 "Italian"
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 2 in B flat major, Op. 52 "Lobgesang"
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 3 in A minor, Op. 56 "Scottish"
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 5 in D major, Op. 107 "Reformation"
>Schumann, Robert : Symphony no 1 in B flat major ("Spring"), Op. 38
>Schumann, Robert : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 97 "Rhenish"
>Dvorak, Antonin : Symphony no 8 in G major, Op. 88/B 163
>Dvorak, Antonin : Serenade for Strings
>Dvorak, Antonin : Symphony no 9 in E minor, Op. 95/B 178 "From the New World"
>Dvorak, Antonin : Carnival Overture, Op. 92
>Dvorak, Antonin : Scherzo capriccioso, Op. 66/B 131
>Brahms, Johannes : Symphony no 1 in C minor, Op. 68
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 103 in E flat major, H 1 no 103 "Drumroll"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 104 in D major, H 1 no 104 "London"
>Brahms, Johannes : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 73
>Brahms, Johannes : Symphony no 3 in F major, Op. 90
>Brahms, Johannes : Symphony no 4 in E minor, Op. 98
>Mahler, Gustav : Symphony no 2 in C minor "Resurrection"
>Mahler, Gustav : Symphony no 4 in G major
>Mahler, Gustav : Symphony no 5 in C sharp minor
>Mahler, Gustav : Symphony no 9 in D major
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 30 in D major, K 202 (186b)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 31 in D major, K 297 (300a) "Paris"
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 36 in C major, K 425 "Linz"
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 38 in D major, K 504 "Prague"
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 39 in E flat major, K 543
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 40 in G minor, K 550
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 41 in C major, K 551 "Jupiter"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 101 in D major, H 1 no 101 "Clock"
  • Conductor: Adam Fischer
  • Ensemble: Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra
  • Running Time: 29 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1793-1794

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 102 in B flat major, H 1 no 102
  • Conductor: Adam Fischer
  • Ensemble: Austro-Hungarian Haydn Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1794.
  • Running Time: 25 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1794

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
  • Performers: Helena Doese (Voice); Theo Adam (Bass); Peter Schreier
  • Conductor: Herbert Blomstedt
  • Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
  • Running Time: 71 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824

>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 8 in B minor, D 759 "Unfinished"
  • Conductor: Roy Goodman
  • Ensemble: Hanover Band
  • Running Time: 23 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1822

>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 5 in B flat major, D 485
  • Conductor: Roy Goodman
  • Ensemble: Hanover Band
  • Running Time: 27 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1816

>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 3 in D major, D 200
  • Conductor: Roy Goodman
  • Ensemble: Hanover Band
  • Running Time: 22 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1815

>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 9 in C major, D 944 "Great"
  • Conductor: Roy Goodman
  • Ensemble: Hanover Band
  • Running Time: 60 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1825-1828

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 1 in C minor, Op. 11
  • Conductor: Frans Brüggen
  • Ensemble: Austro-Hungarian Haydn Orchestra
  • Running Time: 32 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/31/1824

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 4 in A major, Op. 90 "Italian"
  • Conductor: Frans Brüggen
  • Ensemble: Austro-Hungarian Haydn Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 03/13/1833.
  • Running Time: 28 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/13/1833

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 2 in B flat major, Op. 52 "Lobgesang"
  • Performers: Matthias Bleidorn (Tenor); Annegeer Stumphius (Soprano); Yong-Hee Kim (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Conductor: Edo De Waart
  • Ensemble: Austro-Hungarian Haydn Orchestra
  • Running Time: 59 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1840

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 3 in A minor, Op. 56 "Scottish"
  • Conductor: Arnold Östman
  • Ensemble: Austro-Hungarian Haydn Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 01/20/1842.
  • Running Time: 33 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 01/20/1842

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 5 in D major, Op. 107 "Reformation"
  • Conductor: Jos Immerseel
  • Ensemble: Radio Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 26 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 05/12/1830

>Schumann, Robert : Symphony no 1 in B flat major ("Spring"), Op. 38
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
  • Running Time: 30 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1841

>Schumann, Robert : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 97 "Rhenish"
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
  • Running Time: 30 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1850

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Symphony no 8 in G major, Op. 88/B 163
  • Conductor: Yehudi Menuhin
  • Ensemble: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 35 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Serenade for Strings
  • Conductor: Yehudi Menuhin
  • Ensemble: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 26 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Symphony no 9 in E minor, Op. 95/B 178 "From the New World"
  • Conductor: Järvi Paavo
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Notes: Composition written: 01/10/1893-05/24/1893.
  • Running Time: 47 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Carnival Overture, Op. 92
  • Conductor: Järvi Paavo
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 9 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Scherzo capriccioso, Op. 66/B 131
  • Conductor: Järvi Paavo
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 14 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Brahms, Johannes : Symphony no 1 in C minor, Op. 68
  • Conductor: Jaap Zweden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 42 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1855-1876

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 103 in E flat major, H 1 no 103 "Drumroll"
  • Conductor: Adam Fischer
  • Ensemble: Austro-Hungarian Haydn Orchestra
  • Running Time: 30 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1795

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 104 in D major, H 1 no 104 "London"
  • Conductor: Adam Fischer
  • Ensemble: Austro-Hungarian Haydn Orchestra
  • Running Time: 28 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1795

>Brahms, Johannes : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 73
  • Conductor: Jaap Zweden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 45 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1877

>Brahms, Johannes : Symphony no 3 in F major, Op. 90
  • Conductor: Jaap Zweden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 32 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1883

>Brahms, Johannes : Symphony no 4 in E minor, Op. 98
  • Conductor: Jaap Zweden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 38 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1884-1885

>Mahler, Gustav : Symphony no 2 in C minor "Resurrection"
  • Performer: Maria Oran (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Hans Vonk
  • Ensemble: Hague Residentie Orchestra
  • Running Time: 78 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1888-1894

>Mahler, Gustav : Symphony no 4 in G major
  • Performer: Alexandra Coku (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Hartmut Haenchen
  • Ensemble: Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 55 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1899-1900

>Mahler, Gustav : Symphony no 5 in C sharp minor
  • Conductor: Václav Neumann
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 64 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1901-1902

>Mahler, Gustav : Symphony no 9 in D major
  • Conductor: Václav Neumann
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 75 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1908-1909

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 30 in D major, K 202 (186b)
  • Conductor: Jaap ter Linden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Notes: Composition written: 1774.
  • Running Time: 19 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1774

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 31 in D major, K 297 (300a) "Paris"
  • Conductor: Jaap ter Linden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 18 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1778

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 36 in C major, K 425 "Linz"
  • Conductor: Jaap ter Linden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 30 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1783

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 38 in D major, K 504 "Prague"
  • Conductor: Jaap ter Linden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Notes: Composition written: 1786.
  • Running Time: 33 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1786

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 39 in E flat major, K 543
  • Conductor: Jaap ter Linden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 31 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1788

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 40 in G minor, K 550
  • Conductor: Jaap ter Linden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 27 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1788

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 41 in C major, K 551 "Jupiter"
  • Conductor: Jaap ter Linden
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Mozart Academy
  • Running Time: 35 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1788

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Herbert Blomstedt
  • Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
  • Running Time: 27 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
  • Conductor: Herbert Blomstedt
  • Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
  • Running Time: 48 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
  • Conductor: Herbert Blomstedt
  • Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
  • Running Time: 36 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
  • Conductor: Herbert Blomstedt
  • Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
  • Running Time: 35 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
  • Conductor: Herbert Blomstedt
  • Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
  • Running Time: 37 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
  • Conductor: Herbert Blomstedt
  • Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
  • Running Time: 40 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
  • Conductor: Herbert Blomstedt
  • Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
  • Running Time: 41 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
  • Conductor: Herbert Blomstedt
  • Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
  • Running Time: 25 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812