- Mahler — Symphony No. 6 In a Minor, "Tragic": I. Allegro Energico, Ma Non Troppo. Heftig, Aber Markig
- Mahler — Symphony No. 6 In a Minor, "Tragic": II. Scherzo: Wuchtig
- Mahler — Symphony No. 6 In a Minor, "Tragic": III. Andante Moderato
- Mahler — Symphony No. 6 In a Minor, "Tragic": IV. Finale: Allegro Moderato
Notes & Reviews:
Gunther Herbig, in the past thirty years, has shown his commitment to this work which has won over audiences here and abroad. The former conductor of the Detroit Symphony even led the work in the mid 1970s with the Berlin Symphony for a young persons' concert. It is one of the works in his repertoire that he personally feels closest to. Alma Mahler thought the Sixth was Mahler's most personal work - perhaps Maestro Herbig feels the same way, too.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Brahms, Bruch: Concertos / Mordkovitch, Wallfisch, Järvi
The Sibelius Edition Vol 2 - Chamber Music Vol 1
The Sibelius Edition Vol 1 - Tone Poems
Mahler: Symphony no 3 / Zinman, Tonhalle Orchestra
Mahler: Symphony No 2 / Norrington, Rubens, et al
Strauss: Symphonia Domestica, etc / Schwarz, et al
George Benjamin: Palimpsets / Ensemble Modern, et al
Classics - Strauss: Symphonic Poems Vol 2 / Neeme Järvi
A Mahler Documentary "The Little Drummer Boy" Leonard Bernstein [DVD]
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 6 in A minor "Tragic"
- Conductor: Günther Herbig
- Running Time: 75 min. 37 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1903-1904
- Studio/Live: Live