- Silvestrov — Symphony No. 6: I. Andantino - Vivace - Allegretto $1.29 on iTunes
- Silvestrov — Symphony No. 6: II. Allegro moderato - Comodo $1.29 on iTunes
- Silvestrov — Symphony No. 6: III. Andantino - Animato - Adagio - Moderato - Andante
- Silvestrov — Symphony No. 6: IV. Intermezzo. Larghetto $1.29 on iTunes
- Silvestrov — Symphony No. 6: V. Vivace con moto - Larghetto $1.29 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
"Perhaps the most striking segment of this very striking work is its fourth movement, marked 'Intermezzo' and described in the notes as a "melancholy bagatelle", but it's so much more than that: in these profound 6 ½ minutes, time stands still and gleams. It's visceral. Only music can do this. Herbert Glossner's essay compares Silvestrov to Proust, with, in this piece, Mahler his Madeleine. That's as good a description as any I could come up with. Don't miss this achingly beautiful work." -American Record Guide
Andrey Boreyko has drawn playing of admirable suavity and precision from the Stuttgart Radio Orchestra, and ECM's recording quality and supporting documentation are first-rate.
bbc.co.uk - Andrew McGregor
The playing is superb, capturing the most delicate hues and gentlest whispers of the score, and the immaculate recording provides the inky blackness from which the music emerges and into which, at the end, it decays...It feels simple, yet it obviously isn't; it's profoundly beautiful, timeless, and unforgettable.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Field: Piano Works / O'Rourke
Silvestrov: Bagatellen und Serenaden / Poppen, Lubimov
Scelsi: Natura Renovatur
Bartok: String Quartet no 5; Hindemith: String Quartet no 4 / Zehetmair Quartett
Janacek, Haas: String Quartets / Currie, Haas Quartet
The Essential Delius
Janácek, Haas: String Quartets / Pavel Haas Quartet
Grieg: Symphony in C minor, etc / Bjarte Engeset, Malmö SO
Silvestrov: Requiem for Larissa / Sirenko, et al
Works DetailsSilvestrov, Valentin : Symphony no 6
- Conductor: Andrey Boreyko
- Ensemble: SW German Radio Symphony Orchestra, Stuttgart
- Running Time: 53 min. 37 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 1994-1995