- Huw Rhys-Evans (Tenor)
- Linda Gerrard (Soprano)
- Gloria Montanari (Mezzo Soprano)
- Luca Salsi (Baritone)
- Wojciech Gierlach (Bass)
- Sofia Soloviy (Soprano)
- Luisa Islam-Ali-Zade (Mezzo Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
Set in rural France at the time of the Crusades, Le Comte Ory, Rossini's last comic opera, is based on the story of a real-life villainous Count who attempts the seduction of a Countess as she awaits the return of her brother. The opera is one of Rossini's funniest, notable for its sequence of madcap situations set to music which is fast-paced, colourful and dramatic. Berlioz considered it to be Rossini's "absolute masterpiece".
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsRossini, Gioachino : Le Comte Ory, opera
- Performers: Sofia Soloviy (Soprano); Luisa Islam-Ali-Zade (Mezzo Soprano); Huw Rhys-Evans (Tenor); Linda Gerrard (Soprano); Gloria Montanari (Mezzo Soprano); Luca Salsi (Baritone); Wojciech Gierlach (Bass)
- Conductor: Brad Cohen
- Ensemble: Czech Philharmonic Choir, Brno
- Notes: Kursaal, Bad Wildbad, Germany (07/12/2002/07/16/2002)
- Running Time: 3 min. sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1828
- Studio/Live: Live