1 800 222 6872

Gregory Partain, Vol 2 - Beethoven, Brahms, et al

Album Summary

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 3 in B flat major, Op. 23/2
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 23 in G sharp minor, Op. 32/12
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 16 in G major, Op. 32/5
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 96/L 465
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 481/L 187
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 39/L 391
>Brahms, Johannes : Variations (11) for Piano on an Original Theme, Set 1, Op. 21
>Barnes, Larry : Toccata
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23 in F minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

A veteran of 20 years on the concert stage, Gregory Partain has appeared as a recitalist, chamber musician and concerto soloist throughout the world. As critic Terry Teachout has said, "This is my kind of pianism: strong, intelligent, unshowy, authoritative and deeply satisfying."



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 3 in B flat major, Op. 23/2
  • Performer: Gregory Partain (Piano)
  • Notes: Baylor University, Waco, TX (06/25/2006-06/27/2006)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1903

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 23 in G sharp minor, Op. 32/12
  • Performer: Gregory Partain (Piano)
  • Notes: Baylor University, Waco, TX (06/25/2006-06/27/2006)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1910

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 16 in G major, Op. 32/5
  • Performer: Gregory Partain (Piano)
  • Notes: Baylor University, Waco, TX (06/25/2006-06/27/2006)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1910

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 96/L 465
  • Performer: Gregory Partain (Piano)
  • Notes: Baylor University, Waco, TX (06/25/2006-06/27/2006)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 481/L 187
  • Performer: Gregory Partain (Piano)
  • Notes: Baylor University, Waco, TX (06/25/2006-06/27/2006)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 39/L 391
  • Performer: Gregory Partain (Piano)
  • Notes: Baylor University, Waco, TX (06/25/2006-06/27/2006)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Brahms, Johannes : Variations (11) for Piano on an Original Theme, Set 1, Op. 21
  • Performer: Gregory Partain (Piano)
  • Notes: Baylor University, Waco, TX (06/25/2006-06/27/2006)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1857

>Barnes, Larry : Toccata :: Act of War, for piano
  • Performer: Gregory Partain (Piano)
  • Notes: Baylor University, Waco, TX (06/25/2006-06/27/2006)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 2002

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23 in F minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
  • Performer: Gregory Partain (Piano)
  • Notes: Baylor University, Waco, TX (06/25/2006-06/27/2006)
  • Running Time: 25 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1804-1805