Notes & Reviews:
"This is, in fact, a very good First Symphony, crisp, clear, and exceptionally well played. The highlight is the third-movement funeral march, in which the soft percussion is extremely well captured, and Jansons makes the most of the sudden changes of tempo in the Jewish music interludes. Listen also to how kinky the violins sound in their bowed col legno passage near the end. This is the genuine article for sure." -Classics Today
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 1 in D major "Titan"
- Conductor: Mariss Jansons
- Ensemble: Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
- Notes: Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (08/28/2006/11/17/2006)
- Running Time: 54 min. 3 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: ?/?1884-03/1888
- Studio/Live: Live