- Klaus Mertens (Bass Baritone)
- Franziska Gottwald (Alto)
- Deborah York (Soprano)
- Orlanda Velez Isidro (Soprano)
- Jörg Dürmüller (Tenor)
- René Steur (Bass)
Notes & Reviews:
This was one of the first substantial works C.P.E. Bach composed shortly after assuming the post of Music Director in Hamburg. No doubt influenced by the famous setting by his father, J.S. Bach, this music presents a more intimate approach, yet is equally compelling. This premiere recording is by one of today's most important Baroque specialists.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Saint Matthew Passion, H 782
- Performers: Klaus Mertens (Bass Baritone); Franziska Gottwald (Alto); Deborah York (Soprano); Orlanda Velez Isidro (Soprano); René Steur (Bass); Jörg Dürmüller (Tenor)
- Conductor: Ton Koopman
- Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
- Running Time: 101 min. 57 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio
- Written: 1769
- Language: German
- Studio/Live: Live