- Richard van Allan (Bass Baritone)
- Bonaldo Giaiotti (Bass)
- Anna Reynolds (Mezzo-Soprano)
- Annette Celine (Voice)
- Montserrat Caballé (Voice)
- Fernando Pavarotti (Tenor)
- Luciano Pavarotti (Tenor)
- Sherrill Milnes (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
BBC Music Magazine
Verdi's early score receives here one of its best studio accounts, with Caballé splendid in the title role, Pavarotti stylistically apt as her lover and Sherrill Milnes reliable as her father. Maag is the committed conductor.
Caballé gives a splendidly dramatic portrait of the heroine and Pavarotti's performance is full of creative, detailed imagination. Maag's sympathetic reading, by underlining the light and shade, consistently brings out the atmospheric qualities of Verdi's conception ... brilliantly played and vividly recorded.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Verdi: Un Ballo in Maschera / Solti, Pavarotti, Price, et al
Puccini: Madama Butterfly / Karajan, Freni, Pavarotti
Mahler: Symphony no 2 "Resurrection" / Mehta, Vienna PO
Verdi: Il Trovatore / Bonynge, Pavarotti, Sutherland, Horne
Pavarotti's Greatest Hits
Grand Tier - Bellini: I Puritani / Muti, Pavarotti, Freni, Bruscantini
Berg: String Quartet, Lyric Suite; Wolf: Italian Serenade
Roussel: Bacchus et Ariane, Symphony no 3 / Denève, et al
Bellini: Beatrice di Tenda / Sutherland, Pavarotti
Works DetailsVerdi, Giuseppe : Luisa Miller
- Performers: Richard van Allan (Bass Baritone); Bonaldo Giaiotti (Bass); Anna Reynolds (Mezzo-Soprano); Annette Celine (Voice); Montserrat Caballé (Voice); Fernando Pavarotti (Tenor); Luciano Pavarotti (Tenor); Sherrill Milnes (Voice)
- Conductor: Peter Maag
- Running Time: 118 min. 39 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1849