- John Shirley-Quirk (Baritone)
- Jean Temperley (Soprano)
- Alexander Young (Tenor)
- Christopher Keyte (Bass Baritone)
- Heather Harper (Soprano)
- Patricia Clark (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
The only budget version of this complete oratorio currently available. A much loved performance that has stood the test of time with its golden cast of singers beautifully accompanied by the ECO and Somary. "solo singing is excellent, with Alexander Young a ringing tenor, and Helen Watts singing the opening aria in Act 3 exquisitely. Very good recording ....effect is wholly natural - and a sense of commitment throughout from all departments" (Penguin Guide) "Helen Watts and John Shirley-Quirk remain outstanding singers of this repertory". (Gramophone)
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHandel, George Frideric : Judas Maccabaeus, HWV 63
- Performers: John Shirley-Quirk (Baritone); Jean Temperley (Soprano); Alexander Young (Tenor); Christopher Keyte (Bass Baritone); Heather Harper (Soprano); Patricia Clark (Soprano)
- Conductor: Johannes Somary
- Ensemble: English Chamber Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1746.
- Running Time: 125 min. 7 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio
- Written: 1746