1 800 222 6872

The Best of Edgar Meyer / Ma, Bell, O'Connor, Fleck, et al

Audio Samples

>Traditional : Work(s)
>     The Green Groves of Erin / The Flowers of Red Hill
>Meyer, Edgar : Sliding Down
>Meyer, Edgar : Please Don't Feed the Bear, for double bass, banjo, gamba, mandolin & acoustic guitar
>Meyer, Edgar : Concert Duo, for violin & double bass
>     Movement 1
>     The Prequel
>Meyer, Edgar : Early Morning, for double bass, guitar, mandolin & piano
>Meyer, Edgar : Uncommon Ritual, for banjo, mandolin & double bass
>Fleck, Bela : Pile-up, for banjo & double bass
>Meyer, Edgar : Duet for cello & bass
>Sarasate, Pablo de : Ziegeunerweisen
>Meyer, Edgar : By the River, for guitar, mandolin & double bass
>Meyer, Edgar : Concerto for Double Bass in D major
>     Movement 3. Quarter note equals 190
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Cello solo no 5 in C minor, BWV 1011
>     1. Prélude
>     6. Gigue

Album Summary

>Traditional : Work(s)
>Meyer, Edgar : Sliding Down
>Meyer, Edgar : Please Don't Feed the Bear, for double bass, banjo, gamba, mandolin & acoustic guitar
>Meyer, Edgar : Concert Duo, for violin & double bass
>Meyer, Edgar : Early Morning, for double bass, guitar, mandolin & piano
>Meyer, Edgar : Uncommon Ritual, for banjo, mandolin & double bass
>Fleck, Bela : Pile-up, for banjo & double bass
>Meyer, Edgar : Duet for cello & bass
>Sarasate, Pablo de : Ziegeunerweisen
>Meyer, Edgar : By the River, for guitar, mandolin & double bass
>Meyer, Edgar : Concerto for Double Bass in D major
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Cello solo no 5 in C minor, BWV 1011
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The Best of Edgar Meyer brings together many of the composer/bassist's own works as well as collaborations with other artists.

Notes & Reviews:

Personnel: Edgar Meyer (various instruments, double bass); Béla Fleck (guitar, banjo); Mike Marshall (mandolin); Joshua Bell (violin).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Traditional : Work(s) :: The Green Groves of Erin / The Flowers of Red Hill
  • Performers: Mark O'Connor (Violin); Yo-Yo Ma (Cello); Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.

>Meyer, Edgar : Sliding Down
  • Performers: Bela Fleck (Banjo); Mike Marshall (Mandolin); Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Meyer, Edgar : Please Don't Feed the Bear, for double bass, banjo, gamba, mandolin & acoustic guitar
  • Performer: Edgar Meyer (Various Instrruments)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Meyer, Edgar : Concert Duo, for violin & double bass :: Movement 1
  • Performers: Joshua Bell (Violin); Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Running Time: 7 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Meyer, Edgar : Early Morning, for double bass, guitar, mandolin & piano
  • Performer: Edgar Meyer (Various Instrruments)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Meyer, Edgar : Concert Duo, for violin & double bass :: The Prequel
  • Performers: Joshua Bell (Violin); Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Meyer, Edgar : Uncommon Ritual, for banjo, mandolin & double bass
  • Performers: Bela Fleck (Banjo); Mike Marshall (Mandolin); Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Béla Fleck (1958 - ) : Pile-up, for banjo & double bass
  • Performers: Bela Fleck (Banjo); Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Edgar Meyer (1961 - ).
  • Running Time: 6 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Meyer, Edgar : Duet for cello & bass
  • Performers: Yo-Yo Ma (Cello); Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Sarasate, Pablo de : Ziegeunerweisen
  • Performers: Mike Marshall (Mandolin); Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1878

>Meyer, Edgar : By the River, for guitar, mandolin & double bass
  • Performers: Bela Fleck (Guitar); Mike Marshall (Mandolin); Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Meyer, Edgar : Concerto for Double Bass in D major :: Movement 3. Quarter note equals 190
  • Performer: Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Conductor: Hugh Wolff
  • Ensemble: St. Paul Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Cello solo no 5 in C minor, BWV 1011 :: 1. Prélude
  • Performer: Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Cello solo no 5 in C minor, BWV 1011 :: 6. Gigue
  • Performer: Edgar Meyer (Double Bass)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720