1 800 222 6872

Ireland: The Songs / Luxon, Hodgson, Mitchinson, Rowlands

Album Summary

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs of a Wayfarer, songs (5) for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : When lights go rolling round the sky, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Hope the Hornblower, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Sea fever, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Marigold, impressions (3) for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (5) to poems by Thomas Hardy, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (3), for voice & piano (1926)
>Ireland, John [Composer] : We'll to the woods no more, songs (3) for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (2), for voice & piano (1928)
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs Sacred and Profane, songs (6) for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Sixteenth-Century Poems (5), for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Blow out you Bugles, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : If there were dreams to sell, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : I have twelve oxen, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Spring Sorrow, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : The bells of San Marie, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : The journey, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : The merry month of May, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : The vagabond, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : When I am dead, my dearest, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Santa Chiara (Palm Sunday, Naples), for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Great things, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : If we must part, a valedictation for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Tutto e sciolto, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : The Heart's Desire (The boys are up the woods with day), for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : The sacred flame, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Remember, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Hawthorn Time ('Tis time, I think, by Wenlock town), for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : The East Riding, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Love is a sickness full of woes, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : The Land of Lost Content, cycle of 6 songs for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (2), for voice & piano (1920)
>Ireland, John [Composer] : The three ravens, folk song arrangement for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Bed in summer, for unison voices (or solo voice) & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Mother and Child, cycle of 8 songs for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Earth's Call (A Sylvan Rhapsody), for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (3) to Poems by Arthur Symons, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : What are you thinking of?, for voice & piano
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (3) to Poems by Thomas Hardy, for voice & piano
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Legendary performances on CD for the first time! Three great vocal artists in rarely heard repertory of the greatest interest. Includes booklet with complete texts of the songs. John Ireland’s music belongs to the 20th-century English musical tradition, demonstrating some lyrical affinity with Elgar while admitting contemporary influences from abroad into a very personal idiom.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs of a Wayfarer, songs (5) for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 11 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: circa 1903-1911

>Ireland, John [Composer] : When lights go rolling round the sky, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1911

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Hope the Hornblower, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 1 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1911

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Sea fever, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1913

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Marigold, impressions (3) for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 13 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1913

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (5) to poems by Thomas Hardy, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 11 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1926

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (3), for voice & piano (1926)
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 8 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1926

>Ireland, John [Composer] : We'll to the woods no more, songs (3) for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 8 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1927

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (2), for voice & piano (1928)
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 6 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1928

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs Sacred and Profane, songs (6) for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 13 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1929-1931

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Sixteenth-Century Poems (5), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 9 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1938

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Blow out you Bugles, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918

>Ireland, John [Composer] : If there were dreams to sell, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918

>Ireland, John [Composer] : I have twelve oxen, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Spring Sorrow, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918

>Ireland, John [Composer] : The bells of San Marie, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918

>Ireland, John [Composer] : The journey, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1920

>Ireland, John [Composer] : The merry month of May, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1921

>Ireland, John [Composer] : The vagabond, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1922

>Ireland, John [Composer] : When I am dead, my dearest, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1924

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Santa Chiara (Palm Sunday, Naples), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1925

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Great things, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1925

>Ireland, John [Composer] : If we must part, a valedictation for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1929

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Tutto è sciolto, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); Benjamin Luxon
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1932

>Ireland, John [Composer] : The Heart's Desire (The boys are up the woods with day), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); John Mitchinson (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1917

>Ireland, John [Composer] : The sacred flame, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); John Mitchinson (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Remember, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); John Mitchinson (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Hawthorn Time ('Tis time, I think, by Wenlock town), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); John Mitchinson (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1919

>Ireland, John [Composer] : The East Riding, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); John Mitchinson (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1920

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Love is a sickness full of woes, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); John Mitchinson (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1921

>Ireland, John [Composer] : The Land of Lost Content, cycle of 6 songs for voice & piano
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); John Mitchinson (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1920-1921

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (2), for voice & piano (1920)
  • Performers: Alan Rowlands (Piano); John Mitchinson (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1920

>Ireland, John [Composer] : The three ravens, folk song arrangement for voice & piano
  • Performer: Alan Rowlands (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1920

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Bed in summer, for unison voices (or solo voice) & piano
  • Performer: Alan Rowlands (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1912-1913

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Mother and Child, cycle of 8 songs for voice & piano
  • Performer: Alan Rowlands (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Earth's Call (A Sylvan Rhapsody), for voice & piano
  • Performer: Alan Rowlands (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (3) to Poems by Arthur Symons, for voice & piano
  • Performer: Alan Rowlands (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918-1919

>Ireland, John [Composer] : What are you thinking of?, for voice & piano
  • Performer: Alan Rowlands (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1924

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Songs (3) to Poems by Thomas Hardy, for voice & piano
  • Performer: Alan Rowlands (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1925