1 800 222 6872

Vivaldi Adagios

Album Summary

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Andromeda Liberata, serenata (opera; attributed)
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Flute in G minor, Op. 10 no 2/RV 439 "La notte"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Amen
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto per eco in lontana, for 4 violins, strings & continuo in A major, RV 552
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Laudate Pueri Dominum (Psalm 112), for voice, strings & continuo in C minor, RV 600
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for 2 Cellos in G minor, RV 531
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto funebre, for violin, oboe, chalumeau, 3 violas all'inglese, strings & continuo in B flat ma
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Nisi Dominus in G minor, RV 608
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Mandolin in C major, RV 425
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Salve Regina, antiphon for voice, double chorus, 2 oboes, double strings & continuo in G minor, RV 6
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 8 no 1/RV 269 "Primavera"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : "Domine Deus" from Gloria RV 589, for Soprano, Trumpet and Continuo
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in G minor, Op. 8 no 2/RV 315 "L'estate"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Autumn (The Four Seasons)
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Giustino, RV 717
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Bajazet, RV 703 "Tamerlano"
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Compiled from Virgin Classics’ rich Vivaldi discography, and drawn from the composer’s instrumental and vocal works (both operatic and religious), each track is performed by Baroque specialists of the recent and new generation, boasting singers such as Patrizia Ciofi, David Daniels, Vivica Genaux, Philippe Jaroussky, Gerard Lesne, and conductors with their period ensembles Fabio Biondi, Jean-Christophe Spinosi, Christopher Warren-Green, Andrew Parrott, Alan Curtis, and more!



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Andromeda Liberata, serenata (opera; attributed) :: Sovent il sole
  • Performer: Philippe Jaroussky (Countertenor)
  • Conductor: Jean-Christophe Spinosi
  • Ensemble: Matheus Ensemble
  • Running Time: 9 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 09/18/1726

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Flute in G minor, Op. 10 no 2/RV 439 "La notte" :: Largo (Il s
  • Performer: Janet See (Flute)
  • Conductor: Andrew Parrott
  • Ensemble: Taverner Choir, Consort & Players
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1729

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Amen :: Stabat Mater dolorosa
  • Performer: David Daniels (Countertenor)
  • Conductor: Fabio Biondi
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: by 1742

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto per eco in lontana, for 4 violins, strings & continuo in A major, RV 552 :: Larghetto
  • Conductor: Fabio Biondi
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Running Time: 5 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1740

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Laudate Pueri Dominum (Psalm 112), for voice, strings & continuo in C minor, RV 600 :: Sit nomen Domin
  • Performer: Patrizia Ciofi (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Fabio Biondi
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1742

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for 2 Cellos in G minor, RV 531 :: Largo
  • Conductor: Fabio Biondi
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Running Time: 4 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1742

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto funebre, for violin, oboe, chalumeau, 3 violas all'inglese, strings & continuo in B flat ma
  • Conductor: Fabio Biondi
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: by 1742

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto funebre, for violin, oboe, chalumeau, 3 violas all'inglese, strings & continuo in B flat ma
  • Conductor: Fabio Biondi
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: by 1742

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Nisi Dominus in G minor, RV 608 :: Cum deder
  • Performer: David Daniels (Countertenor)
  • Conductor: Fabio Biondi
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1742

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Mandolin in C major, RV 425 :: Largo
  • Conductor: Fabio Biondi
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: by 1742

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Salve Regina, antiphon for voice, double chorus, 2 oboes, double strings & continuo in G minor, RV 6
  • Ensemble: Il Seminario Musicale
  • Running Time: 13 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1742

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 8 no 1/RV 269 "Primavera"
  • Conductor: Christopher Warren-Green
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : "Domine Deus" from Gloria RV 589, for Soprano, Trumpet and Continuo
  • Conductor: Andrew Parrott
  • Ensemble: Taverner Choir, Consort & Players
  • Running Time: 4 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1715

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in G minor, Op. 8 no 2/RV 315 "L'estate"
  • Conductor: Christopher Warren-Green
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Autumn (The Four Seasons)
  • Conductor: Christopher Warren-Green
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Giustino, RV 717 :: Vedrò con mio diletto
  • Performer: Marina Comparato (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Conductor: Alan Curtis
  • Ensemble: Il Complesso Barocco
  • Running Time: 5 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1724

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
  • Conductor: Christopher Warren-Green
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Bajazet, RV 703 "Tamerlano" :: Sposa, son disprez
  • Performer: Vivica Genaux (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Conductor: Fabio Biondi
  • Ensemble: Europa Galante
  • Running Time: 6 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1735