1 800 222 6872

Philips: Complete Organ & Keboard Works Vol 2 / Rampe

Album Summary

>Philips, Peter : Fantasia in G, FVB 15
>Philips, Peter : Ecco l'aurora Luca Marenz[io] à 5, keyboard intabulation in G major
>Philips, Peter : Pavana Anglica (Collerirt), free ornamentation for keyboard in A minor after Thomas Tomkins
>Philips, Peter : Liquide perle amor, keyboard intabulation in G minor after Luca Marenzio
>Philips, Peter : Galliard for keyboard in G minor
>Philips, Peter : Amarilli di Julio Romano, keyboard intabulation for keyboard in G minor after Giullio Caccini
>Philips, Peter : Tirsi morir volea, diminutions for harpischord (after Marenzio) (Fitzwilliam Virginal Book)
>Philips, Peter : Passamezzo Pavana & Galiarda Passamezzo for keyboard in G minor
>Philips, Peter : Pavan and Galliard Pagget
>Philips, Peter : Chi farà fede al Cielo, fantasia for keyboard in G major after Alessandro Striggio, FVB 9
>Philips, Peter : Se desio di fugir, keyboard intabulation for keyboard in D minor after Horatio Vechi
>Philips, Peter : Fantasia in D minor
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Peter Philips (1560 - 1628) was an eminent English composer, organist, and Catholic priest exiled to Flanders after the start of the Protestant Reformation. He was one of the greatest keyboard virtuosos of his time, and transcribed or arranged several Italian motets and madrigals by such as Lassus, Palestrina, and Giulio Caccini for his instruments. Some of his keyboard works are found in the Fitzwilliam Virginal Book.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Philips, Peter : Fantasia in G, FVB 15
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Organ)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Philips, Peter : Ecco l'aurora Luca Marenz[io] à 5, keyboard intabulation in G major
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Clavichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Philips, Peter : Pavana Anglica (Collerirt), free ornamentation for keyboard in A minor after Thomas Tomkins
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Clavichord)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Philips, Peter : Liquide perle amor, keyboard intabulation in G minor after Luca Marenzio
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Clavichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Philips, Peter : Galliard for keyboard in G minor
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Clavichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Philips, Peter : Amarilli di Julio Romano, keyboard intabulation for keyboard in G minor after Giullio Caccini
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Clavichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1603

>Philips, Peter : Tirsi morir volea, diminutions for harpischord (after Marenzio) (Fitzwilliam Virginal Book)
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Philips, Peter : Passamezzo Pavana & Galiarda Passamezzo for keyboard in G minor
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Philips, Peter : Pavan and Galliard Pagget
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1590

>Philips, Peter : Chi farà fede al Cielo, fantasia for keyboard in G major after Alessandro Striggio, FVB 9
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Organ)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Philips, Peter : Se desio di fugir, keyboard intabulation for keyboard in D minor after Horatio Vechi
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Philips, Peter : Fantasia in D minor
  • Performer: Siegbert Rampe (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque