- Olga Peretyatko (Soprano)
- Marianna Pizzolato (Mezzo Soprano)
- Maxim Mironov (Tenor)
- Ferdinand Bothmer (Voice)
- Stefan Cifolelli (Tenor)
- Sonia Ganassi (Mezzo Soprano)
- Wojciech Gierlach (Bass)
Notes & Reviews:
First staged in Naples in 1819, Rossini's opera 'La donna del lago' is based on Walter Scott's romantic poem 'The Lady of the Lake', setting a precedent for later composers, who also drew on Scott for their plots. Set in exotic 16th-century Scotland, the opera deals with the conflict between the Highland clansmen under Douglas and King James V, who generously forgives his enemy and allows the betrothal of his beloved Ellen, Douglas's daughter, to his former enemy, Malcolm.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsRossini, Gioachino : La donna del lago (The Lady of the Lake), opera
- Performers: Olga Peretyatko (Soprano); Marianna Pizzolato (Mezzo Soprano); Maxim Mironov (Tenor); Ferdinand Bothmer (Voice); Stefan Cifolelli (Tenor); Sonia Ganassi (Mezzo Soprano); Wojciech Gierlach (Bass)
- Conductor: Alberto Zedda
- Ensemble: Prague Chamber Chorus
- Notes: Kursaal, Bad Wildbad, Germany (10/31/2006/11/02/2006)
- Running Time: 134 min. 53 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1819
- Studio/Live: Live