1 800 222 6872

Baltzar: Works for Unaccompanied Violin / Patrick Wood

Album Summary

>Baltzar, Thomas : Prelude for violin no 1 in G major
>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande & Variations for violin in G minor
>Baltzar, Thomas : Courante for violin in G minor
>Baltzar, Thomas : Sarabande for violin in G minor
>Baltzar, Thomas : Prelude for violin in C minor
>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande for violin in C minor
>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande for violin in B flat major
>Baltzar, Thomas : Sarabande for violin in B flat major
>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande for violin in C major
>Baltzar, Thomas : Sarabande for violin in C major
>Baltzar, Thomas : Prelude for violin no 2 in G major
>Jenkins, John : Allemande for violin in B minor
>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande for violin no 1 in A major (scordatura tuning)
>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande for violin no 2 in A major (scordatura tuning)
>Baltzar, Thomas : Courante for violin in A major (scordatura tuning)
>Baltzar, Thomas : Sarabande for violin in A major (scordatura tuning)
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Little is known of the early life of Thomas Baltzar. He was born in Lubeck in Northern Germany into a family of musicians. Almost immediately he developed an extraordinary reputation for his violin playing - especially for his remarkable ability to produce several voicings at once. Of particular interest are the works under A Set of Tunings: pieces that employ scordatura, the technique of tuning the instrument's strings to unusual pitches for a particular sonority.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Baltzar, Thomas : Prelude for violin no 1 in G major
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande & Variations for violin in G minor
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Courante for violin in G minor
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Sarabande for violin in G minor
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Prelude for violin in C minor
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande for violin in C minor
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande for violin in B flat major
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Sarabande for violin in B flat major
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande for violin in C major
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Sarabande for violin in C major
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Prelude for violin no 2 in G major
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Jenkins, John : Allemande for violin in B minor
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande for violin no 1 in A major (scordatura tuning)
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Allemande for violin no 2 in A major (scordatura tuning)
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Courante for violin in A major (scordatura tuning)
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Baltzar, Thomas : Sarabande for violin in A major (scordatura tuning)
  • Performer: Patrick Wood (Violin)
  • Period Time: Baroque