Album Remarks & Appraisals:
This CD contains a rare occasion for Jazz alto-saxist Phil Woods to mix with trumpeter Tom Harrell in a quintet setting. An exciting performance with a whole new dimension. LRC.
Personnel: Phil Woods (clarinet, alto saxophone); Tom Harrell (trumpet, flugelhorn); Hal Galper (piano); Steve Gilmore (bass instrument); Bill Goodwin (drums).
Recording information: Clinton Recording Studios, New York, NY (06/19/1986).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Swingchronicity (The DePaul University Jazz Ense)
- Blues for New Orleans (DePaula, Irio)
- The Gershwin Affair (D'Andrea, Franco)
- Balladeer Supreme, Vol. 1 (D'Andrea, Franco)
- Play Rava (Rava, Enrico)
- Dizzy Gillespie Meets the Phil Woods Quintet (Gillespie, Dizzy)
- Solitude (The DePaul University Jazz Ense)
- Man With the Hat (Grace Kelly)
- Right to Swing (The DePaul University Jazz Ense)
- Giants at Work Set 1 (Coates, John, Jr.)
- The Young Bloods [Slipcase] (Byrd, Donald)
- This Is How I Feel About Jazz (Jones, Quincy)