- Mario Machi (Baritone)
- Mario Rinaudo (Bass)
- Giorgio Lamberti (Tenor)
- Bianca Casoni (Mezzo Soprano)
- Renato Bruson (Baritone)
- Montserrat Caballé (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
This historic 1975 recording with the great Montserrat Caballe presents the first revival of this once-popular Donizetti opera, which had been unperformed for over seventy years! In the mid-19th century it was one of Donizetti's most-produced operas, surpassing even 'Lucia di Lammermoor' in number of performances. Gemma is one of the most taxing sopranos ever written. This live performance is from Naples, December 12th, 1975.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsDonizetti, Gaetano : Gemma di Vergy
- Performers: Mario Machi (Baritone); Mario Rinaudo (Bass); Giorgio Lamberti (Tenor); Bianca Casoni (Mezzo Soprano); Renato Bruson (Baritone); Montserrat Caballé (Soprano)
- Conductor: Armando Gatto
- Ensemble: Naples Teatro San Carlo Orchestra
- Running Time: 7 min. 43 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1834
- Studio/Live: Live