- Christopher Bowers-Broadbent (Organ)
Notes & Reviews:
Glass' project of the mid-1970s, 'Another Look at Harmony', was not so much an essay in minimalism as a search for the way beyond it. For him, the system he had made so much his own had now outlived its usefulness. 'Another Look at Harmony' was written while Glass was also working on his opera Einstein on the Beach, a great proportion of which would use the approaches to harmonic structure explored in 'Another Look'. 'Another Look at Harmony', commissioned by the Holland Festival in 1977, marks the end of pure minimalism for Glass.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsGlass, Philip : Another Look at Harmony, Part IV, for chorus & electric organ
- Performer: Christopher Bowers-Broadbent (Organ)
- Conductor: Howard Williams
- Ensemble: 21st Century Choir
- Notes: Gray's Inn Chapel, London, England (07/03/2007-07/05/2007)
- Running Time: 4 min. 47 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 1975