- Franz Hauk (Harpsichord)
- Merit Ostermann (Mezzo Soprano)
- Claudia Schneider (Mezzo Soprano)
- Ai Ichihara (Soprano)
- Sibylla Duffe (Soprano)
- Cornelia Horak (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
Mayr's oratorio 'David in spelunca Engeddi' (David in the Cave of Engedi), with a Latin text, was written in 1795 for the Ospedale dei Mendicanti in Venice, one of the four great charitable institutions there, known for the musical achievements of its members. The oratorio deals with the conflict between David and Saul, and the refusal of David to harm the Lord's anointed, in spite of the opportunity offered him.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMayr, Simon : David in spelunca Engaddi, Oratoriao
- Performers: Franz Hauk (Harpsichord); Merit Ostermann (Mezzo Soprano); Claudia Schneider (Mezzo Soprano); Ai Ichihara (Soprano); Sibylla Duffe (Soprano); Cornelia Horak (Soprano)
- Conductor: Franz Hauk
- Ensemble: Mayr Ensemble
- Notes: Asamkirche Maria de Victoria, Ingolstadt, Germany (09/25/2006-09/27/2006)
- Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic